• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• MiniDSP2x4HD.JPG
    MiniDSP2x4HD.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 26
Hi zei
It takes 0.93Vrms to drive the amp+RCA buffer to full output See post #535
Now reading through internet, the iphone audio out seems to be around 1Vrms at loads above some 40 Ohms.
If this is true, the headphone out should fully drive the amplifier
George
Hi, George and Zei.

Previously, the RCA/XLR IO buffer has 6dB gain inside, so it's the correct voltage as George measured to drive this amplifier to rated output. And with feedback from some friends that the entire system gain is a slight larger, so I reduced the IO buffer to unity gain at latest shipment. And this will require a pre-amplifier to drive it to rated.

Thanks,
Eric

Reactions: 1 user
Ok.. so it really kicks @SS !
Even the 3bucks test speakers sound good with a little EQ... :cool::)
Just one thing.. I might have got this wrong.
I,m using one module in bridge mode. And the bridge "switch" seems to just mute the amplifier.. It took me a while to figure out why I didn't get any sound on the sub..
Is this correct behavior ? connected to right channel RCA and both + on speaker out. when I flip the switch it just mutes the output. :rolleyes: