• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I unclothed the amps and temps stabilized around 45C. I’m going to get the router out and vent the top some more. I can put a finger on the heatsinks for an indefinite period of time.

Whats s good running temperature?
Holding your finger on the heatsink means heatsink temp less than 60 d. C
That's good but it's even better if you manage to have some physical ventilation inside the enclosure.
Chimney effect with some openings at the bottom and some more openings at the top of the enclosure will prevent the temperature build up.
Below is working temperature at the top of the four electrolytic capacitors close to the large heatsinks (these are to be considered as the vulnerable part of the warm amp)
Amp at low output power (< 5W average)

operating time/temp (d. C)
0min/20
15min/25.1
30min/28.3
1h/31.6
2h/32.7
4h/33
6h/33

George

Attachments

• 1_top.JPG
    1_top.JPG
    593.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 2_bottom.JPG
    2_bottom.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 3_DSCN7045.JPG
    3_DSCN7045.JPG
    570.7 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t touched on sound because you all know they sound very nice. These replaced some lauded and bragged about class A amps we’ve rolled through our home. Quick, clean & detailed in a very smooth way.

Erica’s a real pleasure to do business with thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi zei
It takes 0.93Vrms to drive the amp+RCA buffer to full output See post #535
Now reading through internet, the iphone audio out seems to be around 1Vrms at loads above some 40 Ohms.
If this is true, the headphone out should fully drive the amplifier
George

Ok, thanx George.
Then the extremely cheap test speakers (3 USD from flee market) might be the limiting factor.
I was just expecting more power making the speakers distort crazy or collapse. :)
Right now its not much more power then the LM3886 gain clone amp I tested prior to this.
Lets do some more tests to rule out that something is not right.

Ok, tried it with a laptop. Still 3.5 headphone out to RCA. This was way louder. So all good. :)
So my phone is not delivering enough I guess. It won't matter since I,m not gonna use my phone as a source..
Will be feeding these from a MiniDSP2X4HD.
One module in stereo for the main fronts. And one module bridged for sub duty.

(y)

Reactions: 1 user