• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I spend a long time on sound quality of this unit . Many PCB revisions.
My model is to test for everything and any deviation (noise) as long as I can measure its fair game (Bruno P. quote) while I will not comment if you can hear it.
Now sound quality has an subjective side. I did my best to incorporate audiophile "myths " into the unit and the result was (for most of the times) a clear reduction in H. Some changes (like RFI removal) were very slightly visible in the AP but clearly very audible.
I also incorporated work from Rasmussen / Abraxalito (IV pre filter) but I used my own schematics and tests
At last ,,, I want to clearly say that low impedance power supply is one of the important aspects of Rev . Now only we used lots of lytics on the PCB , but also we used a lot of supercaps in AVcc (Rasmussen/ Ians pioneering work) and many subjective impression point to the massive importance of having enough electrons on board (especially for Avcc and opamps)
Revolution Dac is made for audiophiles , but not against THD. Who said that great THD means low SQ ?

Congratulations,

do you provide a USB cable solution for Rev so it can be powered completely via USB Vbus without additional power supply?

Thanks

Matt

we are releasing a cable (its actualy made in flex PCB) that can connect the USbridge to Rev Dac

This flex PCB has controlled impedance ..(better than any cable)

Rev needs less than 400ma..so 1A its plenty of power

Hi,
I have a question about my usb cable now :)
Now can I not used my usb cable from usb bridge signature to the Revolution dac... 😀
The revolution dac used a other usb in.
Where can I order this cable..
Kind regards,
Ben 😉

Hi,
I have a question about my usb cable now :)
Now can I not used my usb cable from usb bridge signature to the Revolution dac... ��
The revolution dac used a other usb in.
Where can I order this cable..
Kind regards,
Ben ��

Though.

cdsgames

Sorry but we still dont have the cable , we will get it in about 1 month

We do not recommend it for best audio performance

Typo ??

Revolution has 2 inputs...DC barrel for power and USB input for data

Please note that both inputs feature specific filtering to remove the influence of power and DATA source (and while its doing a good job , a better source means always a better sound in subjective impression )

Using a USB cable (split) for USB data and power (with DC barrel adapter) is not recommended for SQ

Revolution has 2 inputs...DC barrel for power and USB input for data

Please note that both inputs feature specific filtering to remove the influence of power and DATA source (and while its doing a good job , a better source means always a better sound in subjective impression )

Using a USB cable (split) for USB data and power (with DC barrel adapter) is not recommended for SQ

Hi cdsgames,
I can use DC power in my shanti dual psu.
And only I see for audio(data) in... revolution used a (mini) USB c?
Than I must I use a other cable see to found for that (AudioQuest)
Only I found my telerium usb better :) only it is usb type a to type b cable.
We go see it as the revolution arrives in juni :)

Ben ;)

Last edited:
Signal input on the Rev.DAC is USB micro B.

The new ribbon cable from Allo is for this, will not cost anything like a Tellerium Q Black.

You could send it to me to test as my DAC has a USB B input. I'll pay you for the Allo cable :)

The Shanti is the perfect power source.

Last edited: