• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Any news on the slightly less perfect Nirvana?

Yes production has started. We will have the page up and running in 3 days about

Make no mistake about it...Nirvana is the best SMPS I ever heard. Take my word for it and shame me if I lied (marketing)

5000-7000uF on board (I will check schematics to tell you exact number)

The only reason why I think Nirvana is " less than perfect" has to do with hard switching (and on resonant SMPS its not exactly hard sw) and the fact that in a cheaper product I had to chose the " best bang for the buck"

At 59$ it will (I hope) redefine 5V smps expectations. Please let us know what you think....

Ifi was the first good SMPS for audio .Full credit for that
Agree with that, however their new iPower X is 2x cost, and whilst it may perform better than the original (they claim leakage capacitance is reduced) I don't think it will match Nirvana. Comparative measurements would be needed to determine how much better the X is over than the original, not convinced by the marketing hype!

Yes production has started. We will have the page up and running in 3 days about

Make no mistake about it...Nirvana is the best SMPS I ever heard. Take my word for it and shame me if I lied (marketing)

5000-7000uF on board (I will check schematics to tell you exact number)

The only reason why I think Nirvana is " less than perfect" has to do with hard switching (and on resonant SMPS its not exactly hard sw) and the fact that in a cheaper product I had to chose the " best bang for the buck"

At 59$ it will (I hope) redefine 5V smps expectations. Please let us know what you think....
Just for my understanding (and forgive me if you already addressed this topic): is
Nirvana targeted to a different use-case than Shanti? Or is it to have mid-priced PS option too? How should someone choose one over the other? Thanks!

Rev Dac

You will have the choice between 2 firmware's..one with Xmos ID (no driver to install but lower sample rates for Win , Linux and Mac are full sample rates) and second with a custom Thysecon ID that will allow full DSD 512 on Win

Note that you can re flash the firmware and switch between IDs at any time (document is getting ready)

I have all the test data but I wont release it until sometimes next week, I hope to get it independently tested.

Data available : IMD , Jtest , THD+N Synch/Async , THD+N H2 max/min , H3 max/ min

Hi,

My friend want only streaming from tidal and he have no roon software.

My question is what is the best combination?

1. Shanti power supply (usbridge signature and rev dac)
2. allo usbridge signature with aluminium case.
3. Software on the usbridge signature for streaming tidal.(wat to choose?)
4. Allo Reverence dac

Is this the best/good combination?

Edit: are all the cables included what he need?

Regards,
Rudy

Last edited:
space is at a premium ...but I can say that compared with ANY 5V smps , it has 4x(at least) more capacitance on output (in most cases 10x)

In case of Rev (and Usbridge Sig ) we have plenty of decoupling power on PCB (where it should be in the first place)

Shanti dual PSU + Usbridge Sig + Rev dac sounds very good to me..but attention it starts to add up ($)

You can use a RPI + generic PSU/Win machine , Nirvana SMPS + Rev Dac and you have a good system with less cost

I am getting total capacitance on Rev dac...lytics and supercaps but its plenty (understatement)

For Tidal easiest is to use unpn.dlna on Usbridge (everyone offers it) and I stream from my tablet direct using many apps (android and iOS)

Last edited: