• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I agree. I had a Chord Mojo that was replaced under warranty due to a failed uUSB connector. Also my phone now has USB-C which is way better than uUSB.

+1

When I think about uUSB I see only ultra cheap USB speakers you get in super markets.

This connector simply does not fit to a high quality DAC like Revolution.

When space matters then USB-C is so much better.

And with every adapter there is loss of sound quality.

Matt

Last edited:
Hi everybody. I'm a newbie here, not a DYIer at all but I landed here after reading a couple of comments on "The Hans Beekhuyzen Channel" USB Sig review on youtube.
I wanted to avoid questions already posted so it took me a few days and 1000+ messages to be read, before I got here.
But hey, this reading was so interesting!

I have a question for @cdsgames.
At a first glance USB Sig has something in common with Pro-ject S2 streambox, RPi CM based, which seems also to be designed with "clean power" approach in mind (at least on the PCB): how would you describe USB Sig being different/better than S2 Ultra?
It took a while to really understand Hans' opinion on that.

USB sig YouTube review by HB Channel

Personally I was very disappointed by this review. Good information regarding what the unit was but there was very little information regarding the quality of sound produced. One vague comparison to his memory of the SoTM SMS-200? Surely a better comparison would be to the more recently reviewed Pro-Ject S2 Ultra which seems to be a very similar concept to the USBridge Sig (custom board with RPi 3+ compute module). His review of the Pro-Ject unit contained a relatively detailed comparison to the SMS-200 Ultra which he appears to be a permanent part of his system; why not reference the Allo to that?

It actually takes a while and repeated views of all the HB reviews involved here (+ all their comments), but at the end he states clearly that compared to his SoTM SMS-200 Ultra Neo, then:
- Project S2 Ultra with sBooster, running Roon = 85%
- Project S2 Ultra with sBooster = 80%
- Project S2 Ultra with SMPS = 75%
- Allo Digione Sig with Shanti = 50%

That's his personal impression on SQ with the above mentioned streamers in his Setup 1.

This is another possible OT, so apologize.
My Hifi setup is in the same room where my wifi router is, although on the opposite wall.
I see everybody suggests to use Ethernet instead of wifi (also cdsgames does for USB Sig), but I cant run an ethernet cable through the whole room.
So what would you suggest?
- use of powerlines (I fear I would introduce additional switching noise in my mains, though!)
- use of an Access Point (wifi connected to my router) close enough to my setup to eventually run an ethernet cable from this AP to the streamer
- ... ?
Thanks.

This is another possible OT, so apologize.
My Hifi setup is in the same room where my wifi router is, although on the opposite wall.
I see everybody suggests to use Ethernet instead of wifi (also cdsgames does for USB Sig), but I cant run an ethernet cable through the whole room.
So what would you suggest?
- use of powerlines (I fear I would introduce additional switching noise in my mains, though!)
- use of an Access Point (wifi connected to my router) close enough to my setup to eventually run an ethernet cable from this AP to the streamer
- ... ?
Thanks.

I would not use powerlines, Access Points are much better and faster.
With a Mac you can try "internet sharing" with wifi input and ethernet output to streamer.

Matt

It would have been nice to conduct a poll here at diyaudio before settling on a uUSB connector.

I think the majority would have voted for USB-B as DAC input.

I am wondering why space matters so much when the USBridge Sig is so much bigger than a RPi.

Why should then be no place for an USB-B connector on Revolution?

Matt

Matt

I am very sorry but the decision was taken and we will proceed with uUSB for data and plug for power (separate inputs)

Last edited:
Hi everybody. I'm a newbie here, not a DYIer at all but I landed here after reading a couple of comments on "The Hans Beekhuyzen Channel" USB Sig review on youtube.
I wanted to avoid questions already posted so it took me a few days and 1000+ messages to be read, before I got here.
But hey, this reading was so interesting!

I have a question for @cdsgames.
At a first glance USB Sig has something in common with Pro-ject S2 streambox, RPi CM based, which seems also to be designed with "clean power" approach in mind (at least on the PCB): how would you describe USB Sig being different/better than S2 Ultra?
It took a while to really understand Hans' opinion on that.

I do not did not study the Project S2 but I have explained how we have designed the USbridge Sig in previous posts. I also agree that Hans review was..lacking

More reviews should come up soon (detailed)

I was trying to say it since day 1.

When designing the unit we looked at every possible noise incoming , outgoing and generated on board. We filtered , decoupled , and filtered again while having the 10 layers PCB for best EMI.

USbridge Sig was meant to be the best streamer on the market. As a bonus , we did not overcharge the price .