• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hi Randytsuch

we have 3 reviewers listening right now to Rev ver 1.2 PCB

Ver 1.3 is expected from PCB house very shortly . We improved on SQ (not on THD) , and I know since I have added the changes to Rev 1.2 in my own setup

DSD 512 is solid , DSD native in both Linux (you can use any RPI or Usbridge Sig) and windows .

Last edited:
Sorry due to space no Usb-B.
We are using uUSB for data input only like many DACs ( Chord comes to mind)

uUSB is outdated.

USB-C does not need more space and is much better to use in daily life.

For example Khadas Tone Board and Sonore Tone DAC use USB-C.

Please consider to use USB-C for Revolution.

Revolution deserves to get an up-to-date connection.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Yes, if you will be using it for test and measurement purposes.

If the intended use is for music playback enjoyment, then Katana with all the power supplies will probably sound best (2x5v and +-15v and film caps on the +-15v rails).

Why? For one thing, there may be more than one possible design solution for making measurements look better, but not all of the possible solutions may sound equally good. That alone is telling. It should come as no surprise that good measurements don't exactly predict good sound quality.

However, audio devices with good sound quality generally tend to measure pretty well. In other words, the statistical correlation between measurements and sound quality is high, but something less than 100%.

subjective is subjective, it's very easy to imagine that something is better than one thing, it's true in fact even for taste( i can point many experiments ) ,there placebo effect in surgery too it's called "sham surgery " so let's leave the subjective part out, than its my humble opinion too, any now that it seems katana being stopped , even this is useless

subjective is subjective, it's very easy to imagine that something is better than one thing, it's true in fact even for taste( i can point many experiments ) ,there placebo effect in surgery too it's called "sham surgery " so let's leave the subjective part out, than its my humble opinion too, any now that it seems katana being stopped , even this is useless

Actually, there are people who listen subjectively at a professional level. The guy who designed the Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amp, for example. Nelson Pass said, "Jam still has one of the best sets of ears in the business.' and John Curl said that Jam is the only person he would trust to listen for him.

In fact, the Pass HPA-1 was designed by ear and only checked on the AP at the end of design. See what Sterophile has to say if you want: Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amplifier | Stereophile.com

So I think it is clear that some listeners are skilled enough to act as human test instruments, not the same as an AP, but complementary to it.

Actually, there are people who listen subjectively at a professional level. The guy who designed the Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amp, for example. Nelson Pass said, "Jam still has one of the best sets of ears in the business.' and John Curl said that Jam is the only person he would trust to listen for him.

In fact, the Pass HPA-1 was designed by ear and only checked on the AP at the end of design. See what Sterophile has to say if you want: Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amplifier | Stereophile.com

So I think it is clear that some listeners are skilled enough to act as human test instruments, not the same as an AP, but complementary to it.

yes i accept there are only few percentage of individuals who can be as goods as AP in picking up things, that's it. whom to believe for subjective reference is up to the manufacturer who makes things and it's up to the buyer who he believes has good subjective reference, there is going to be a difference of opinion, i am one to believe if you objectively(lets believe its done in good scientific manner) cannot measure significant difference especially in DAC and AMPLIFIER , then it very very very unlikely to be cause of the difference , rather it could be due to speaker, room, psycho acoustics,person,music, and between interaction between all these things, unless you are doing scientifically sound ABX testing, which almost most don't do,
so simply if objectively there is not significant difference between revolution dac and katana with all super 4 power supply , i would choose revolution because of its simplicity and value of cost, i am very sure i don't have goldenear like gentleman you mentioned above ,

It would have been nice to conduct a poll here at diyaudio before settling on a uUSB connector.

I think the majority would have voted for USB-B as DAC input.

I am wondering why space matters so much when the USBridge Sig is so much bigger than a RPi.

Why should then be no place for an USB-B connector on Revolution?

Matt

It would have been nice to conduct a poll here at diyaudio before settling on a uUSB connector.

I think the majority would have voted for USB-B as DAC input.

I am wondering why space matters so much when the USBridge Sig is so much bigger than a RPi.

Why should then be no place for an USB-B connector on Revolution?

Matt
I agree. I had a Chord Mojo that was replaced under warranty due to a failed uUSB connector. Also my phone now has USB-C which is way better than uUSB.