• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Gain order

Oops. I think I got the pricing and the order wrong. I now understand, that the gain stages are instead of the discrete output stage, so I should also cancel my previous order and payment for a discrete output stage. That is, I need the DAC, 2 gain stages , 1 daughter board, 1 simple display --- does that sound correct?
If correct, how much do I owe you in addition to what I have prepaid so far. Sorry for the trouble. Niels

Aboe is going to post a picture of his setup.

Now the board he is using, is only a tester, so it does not have the right connectors. The board i ship is a 100% dropin replacement for the discrete output board. Except that is missing the 2 pcs of 2 pin KK grid molex connectors for the SE output.

In that case if someone only needs SE output they just need to use the pin 1 and 2 on the 3 pin molex connector.

I have in the meantime calculated on the price of it.

In SE mode (2 modules + daugtherboard) : 2 x 80€ + 20€ => 180€

in XLR mode (4 modules + daughterboard) : 4 x 80€ + 0€ => 320€

That is correct: The daughterboard cost approx. 120€ to produce, but for SE it will be sold for 20€ and for XLR it will be free.

BR

Sonny

Hi Sonny,

I decided :) I want to buy XLR Mode (320euro)

Can I pay?

BR
Vitali

Comparison between Discrete output board V1.0 and Daughterboard with 4 gain modules

The filter setting on the Discrete output board V1.0 and the Daughterboard with 2/4 gainmodules are the same. The gain is the same, mute circuit also.

The only difference is the gain stages.

The discrete is a standard JFET input based amplifier running in class A in every stage. Output stage is a Singleended Class A with A current sink setting the Class A idle current.

The Gainmodules are JFET input based driving a folded cascode Transimpedance converter followed by a High quality buffer. So the gain is provided by the JFET only and therefore it is a true single gain stage design.

Distortion is very low despite the single gain stage.

I am not going to provide schematic or data on the modules, but if they break we will of course repair them.

The board has standard 2520 gain module pin out. So anyone want to use other modules than my design they can purchase the daughterboard for 126€/pcs. I know it is expensive but the sockets for the 2520 modules are not cheap.

BR

Sonny

That how the board looks like.

It was send to production today.

BR

Sonny

Attachments

• daughterboard.png
    daughterboard.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 459
Early bird
Including simple front panel + ADA4898 SE output board 326€ + shipping.
Including simple front panel + discrete XLR output board 425€ + shipping.

OleBull - Paid
Aboe (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage)
Ryssen - Paid
Polytec (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage)
CaféNoir (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage) - Paid
Niels Grunnet (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage)
Ravid
malarkey (Main board including simple front panel + ADA4898 SE output board) - Paid
Algar_emi (Main board including simple front panel + Daughterboard & 4 discrete modules output board) - Paid

Early Bird
Inclusiv panoul frontal simplu + ADA4898 SE bord de ieșire 326 € + transport.
Inclusiv panoul frontal simplu + discret XLR de ieșire de bord 425 € + transport.

OleBull - Paid
Aboe (Mainboard cu panoul frontal simplu și outputstage discrete)
Ryssen - Paid
Polytec (Mainboard cu panoul frontal simplu și outputstage discrete)
CaféNoir (Mainboard cu panoul frontal simplu și outputstage discrete) - Paid
Niels Grunnet (Mainboard cu panoul frontal simplu și outputstage discrete)
Ravid
malarkey (placa principală inclusiv panoul frontal simplu + ADA4898 SE bord output) - Paid
Algar_emi (placa principală inclusiv panoul frontal simplu + daughterboard & 4 module discrete bord de ieșire) - Paid
Vitalica: placa principală + daughterboard & 4 module discrete bord de ieșire) - Paid

I got asked if i could provide discounts by selling more in 1 order on the Daughter-board for the Gain modules.

The Daughter-board is just as expensive for me to produce as the Discrete output board. I have made this board to be able to sell the gain modules.

So by providing the board at a of only 20€ with two gain modules and for free with 4 gain modules is already the discount I can give on the Daughter board + 2/4 gain modules.

BR

Sonny