• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Early bird
Including simple frontpanel + ADA4898 SE output board 326€ + shipping.
Including simple frontpanel + discrete XLR output board 425€ + shipping.

OleBull - Paid
Aboe (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage)
Ryssen - Paid
Polytec (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage)
CaféNoir (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage) - Paid
Niels Grunnet (Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage)
Ravid
malarkey (Including simple frontpanel + ADA4898 SE output board) - Paid

Please fill free to update in this list
Hi Sonnya,

Just finished reading all the posts and I'm interested in the DAC(Mainboard with simple frontpanel and discrete outputstage). Can you add me to the list please?

Best regards,
Peter

Dac test 2

Hi

There was some small left/Right issues, but they are now solved :) - and I have now played some hours with a raspberry connected by USB, and it plays really good.
I would dare to say that it sounds better than the previous Dac :) - more calm and more musicality :)

Next step is to test the front panel and the other connections - hopefully by the end of the week.

Aboe

Update:

We had A long list of errors in the layout which is listed up below:

1) two jtag headers where placed to close to get the programming cable onto it. - fixed
2) wrong voltage on the voltage regulation on the USB side. 4.7V but should have been 3.3V - fixed
3) missing connection of 3.3V to one of the two jtag headers - fixed
4) cpld needed 1.8V instead of 3.3V on the inner core - fixed
5) reset circuit for ak4490 missing 3.3V - fixed

Some of you have expressed concern on the building height. One of the connectors in between the discrete board and the dac board is for firmware upgrade. It will most likely not be used. For the same reason the building height of the dac will only be 2mm higher. (Due to the rca connection for spdif. If it is a problem we can let it be unpopulated)

Regarding front panel. On the picture below you can see a test setup running. Because of all the errors above we wanted to make sure that the front panel with pca9955 does work. (I2C to 16 channel pwm converter for led ). So the front panel is the front panel that we have designed for the Aavik U-300. It has the same parts as the simple front panel.

We have put a header onto it. So that it can be used to control a motorized attenuator from alps. It just need a cheap D.C. Motor driver from spark fun

ttps://www.sparkfun.com/products/13911

Now it works. Aboe is helping me with tests.

acd74e2ba5b65122a08967adfa08da1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sonny,

Will there be an updated firmware for your first generation DAC (I believe V1.1?) using preamplifier and display to match the updated DAC/display you released some time ago? Also, is the first gen capable of playing pure DSD and not DoP (I believe the answer is yes on Pure DSD but not sure 100%)?

Thanks
Do

Hi Do.

I will release new firmware for the preamplifier to use with the DAC, but it will be after the summer.

First generation will play both DSD and DoP.

BR

Sonny