Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 09:28 PM   #7281
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzas View Post
I don´t know the capacity, but it seems a very large ceramic value like 20uf or more... maybe soren can tell the right value.
The large ceramics are 1206 100uF 6V3 Samsung, no bad quality here....
__________________
Søren
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 09:34 PM   #7282
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I got a PL2303 USB-RS232 serial module from here Prolific . Trying on my Windows 10 I encountered driver issues with "Code 10". Looking into the net this is because of some driver issues so downloaded the Prolific driver fix and was able to get the Port settings as 115200 baudrate (even tried with default 9600 and 19200) done.

But now after setting it up with the proper RxD, TxD, GnD connections using small 10cm jumper cables and using ExtraPutty I am unable to see anything happening in the session. I even tried TeraTerm its the same issue. After setting up the ExtraPutty with the exact matching port settings as in the device manager nothing is showing up in the terminal window. I am using USB 3.0 socket on my small fanless Gigabyte PC. Also after switching on the DAC I see that the blinking stops within few seconds, so I am presuming its recognizing the serial ports. I have the Normuuds input boards mounted on the DAC which does not effect these connections if its helps out in resolving my query.

Thanks

Edit: I just tried with the USB 2.0 port as well but its the same the locking LED on the DAC stops blinking and I see that the cursor in the TeraTerm session stops blinking but nothing is happening.

Last edited by manniraj; 11th May 2018 at 09:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 09:45 PM   #7283
banzas is offline banzas  Portugal
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coimbra
Hi Soren,
Thanks for the info, but the fact is, i don´t see a reason for this issue, I must say that I soldered the poli caps with extreme care without touching the ceramic capacitors.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 10:01 PM   #7284
Dadbeh is offline Dadbeh  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Dadbeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
How can i know if my 1021 is rev 4 or rev 3? I dont see it mentioned anywhere on the board?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 10:16 PM   #7285
randytsuch is offline randytsuch
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by manniraj View Post
I got a PL2303 USB-RS232 serial module from here Prolific . Trying on my Windows 10 I encountered driver issues with "Code 10". Looking into the net this is because of some driver issues so downloaded the Prolific driver fix and was able to get the Port settings as 115200 baudrate (even tried with default 9600 and 19200) done.

But now after setting it up with the proper RxD, TxD, GnD connections using small 10cm jumper cables and using ExtraPutty I am unable to see anything happening in the session. I even tried TeraTerm its the same issue. After setting up the ExtraPutty with the exact matching port settings as in the device manager nothing is showing up in the terminal window. I am using USB 3.0 socket on my small fanless Gigabyte PC. Also after switching on the DAC I see that the blinking stops within few seconds, so I am presuming its recognizing the serial ports. I have the Normuuds input boards mounted on the DAC which does not effect these connections if its helps out in resolving my query.

Thanks

Edit: I just tried with the USB 2.0 port as well but its the same the locking LED on the DAC stops blinking and I see that the cursor in the TeraTerm session stops blinking but nothing is happening.
If you look at my blog
soekris setup

It shows what you should see on the terminal window, when you turn on the DAC if the serial port is working right.

If you have the right driver, and setup is correct, I would suspect your serial port converter is not compatible with this DAC.

Randy
__________________
My system is here
http://randytsuch-audio.blogspot.com/2005/10/my-system.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 10:43 PM   #7286
modmix is offline modmix  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadbeh View Post
How can i know if my 1021 is rev 4 or rev 3? I dont see it mentioned anywhere on the board?
Have a look at Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
The only other change from rev3 to rev4 is a change in the output buffers, the LME49710/LME49724 is replaced with OPA1602.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 11:00 PM   #7287
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by randytsuch View Post
If you look at my blog
soekris setup

It shows what you should see on the terminal window, when you turn on the DAC if the serial port is working right.

If you have the right driver, and setup is correct, I would suspect your serial port converter is not compatible with this DAC.

Randy
Thanks Randy, yes I looked at your blog and HiFiduino as well. This is the second serial adapter that I have brought for this firmware update. Reading about various people updating the firmware using the PL2303 I went ahead and brought a new one but looks like it does not work. I am now trying on my Mac but unable to get the driver loaded. The Mac detects the USB-Serial hardware but no driver I think is getting assigned and hence unable to create port settings.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 11:02 PM   #7288
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Quote:
Originally Posted by manniraj View Post
I got a PL2303 USB-RS232 serial module from here Prolific . Trying on my Windows 10 I encountered driver issues with "Code 10". Looking into the net this is because of some driver issues so downloaded the Prolific driver fix and was able to get the Port settings as 115200 baudrate (even tried with default 9600 and 19200) done.

But now after setting it up with the proper RxD, TxD, GnD connections using small 10cm jumper cables and using ExtraPutty I am unable to see anything happening in the session. I even tried TeraTerm its the same issue. After setting up the ExtraPutty with the exact matching port settings as in the device manager nothing is showing up in the terminal window. I am using USB 3.0 socket on my small fanless Gigabyte PC. Also after switching on the DAC I see that the blinking stops within few seconds, so I am presuming its recognizing the serial ports. I have the Normuuds input boards mounted on the DAC which does not effect these connections if its helps out in resolving my query.

Thanks

Edit: I just tried with the USB 2.0 port as well but its the same the locking LED on the DAC stops blinking and I see that the cursor in the TeraTerm session stops blinking but nothing is happening.
What serial port on the dam1021 are you using ? Please note that J10 is a real serial port with RS-232 level signaling, while the isolated one on J3 are using CMOS level signaling. The USB to Serial Port adapter need to match, the one you're using is a CMOS one and need to use the pins on J3, J3 also need power to work.
__________________
Søren
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 11:16 PM   #7289
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
What serial port on the dam1021 are you using ? Please note that J10 is a real serial port with RS-232 level signaling, while the isolated one on J3 are using CMOS level signaling. The USB to Serial Port adapter need to match, the one you're using is a CMOS one and need to use the pins on J3, J3 also need power to work.
Hmm if the one I am using is a CMOS one then I am using the J10 as the J3 is being used by the input board. Then I need to use the real serial port with RS-232 with J10. Any specific ones you recommend as the PL2303 which I am using is the one some of the people have used successfully but I was not aware that they were using the J3 instead of the J10.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 11:26 PM   #7290
randytsuch is offline randytsuch
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: LA
I know the ATEN UC-232A that I used works on J10, and it looks like they are still available, although not sure about in your location.
__________________
My system is here
http://randytsuch-audio.blogspot.com/2005/10/my-system.html
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KhzHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
e18 DAC - 8 channels at 32bit /384 kHz exa065 exaDevices 30 29th June 2012 06:11 PM
384 Khz DAC? SunRa Digital Source 8 2nd October 2009 12:14 AM
24 bit/192 kHz via USB? gentlevoice Everything Else 3 22nd December 2008 07:24 AM
sign magnitude DAC Bernhard Digital Source 0 30th January 2007 02:40 PM
24 bit / 192 kHz Tube DAC questions Overlord Digital Source 4 29th April 2003 06:14 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki