• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

Hello guys!

Having a BIIISE I want to order the legato, hermes(amanero) cronus and rhea (49mhz pair).
Now my questions are :
for stacking b3se to legato the headers are already included or have to buy them apart?
same question for the reclocker, does the hermes already have the header for interfacing amanero? also does the cronus have the 4 ufls to connect it to b3se or I have to order them apart?

want to make the order today and I am a little impatient :xfingers:

thanks

Are there any benefits on using double shielded cable for a 10-15cm long u.fl-u.fl connection or is enough the single shielded one ?

For example hirose U.FL-2LP-066 series is 1.32mm diameter and double shielded, being the only one double shielded from them.
Instead the U.FL-2LP-088 series is 1.37mm single shielded but with lower attenuation, ~1-1.3dBm lower than U.FL-2LP-066.
Another option is the U.FL-2LP-04 with 0.81mm diameter single shielded and with an attenuation of ~2.6-3.8 dBm higher than U.FL-2LP-066, this being the cheapest solution.

Which one should I get for my needs and the best performance ?
I ask all this because I want to take the right decision when ordering these pricey little cables!

Last edited:
So Cronus is up and running for a while now. And I'm happy with the result so far (hope the soon to arrive Placid brings some more improvement). I'm using a headless MacMini with Audirvana and the IOS app. I find using the MacMini a bit devious. So I had a look at the Auralic Aries. The Aries comes in two versions. The expensive one with Femto clocks and a "high-end" power supply. The cheap version without Femto clocks and a cheap power supply.
Because I re-clock the incoming signal with Cronus, is it any use to buy the Aries with Femto clocks? (I can replace the PSU from the cheaper Aries for something better)

Hmm still problems I'm afraid... I have distorted sound on the left channel...
Any advise what to do?

Had some more time to try some possibility's. I have distortion on the left channel only when upsampling to 352-384 ( using power of 2).
I also think this sudden distortion could be the reason both left channels of my power amps failed. (I'm bi amping). Repaired one amp, the other needs more attention :confused:

No, have not tried native 352.8. I will download and try.

The problem with the left channel came very unexpected.
I had everything going well for a couple of day except I had
some distortion now and than but only for a very short time.

I was listening to music a bit louder than usual when suddenly I got
very loud distortion over both channels. I turned everything off and on again.
Both my amp (left channel only) had failed. After repairing one amp I found
out that the left channel still gave distortion while the right channel was functioning normal. Tried my cd player which was functioning normal on both channels. This means my pre amp is also okay. So I started to try my Buffalo IIISE at 44.1 to 384. It functioned allright until I went past 192...