• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

Also remember that the higher the sample rate the more current the whole system will use. So make sure you are supplying ample current.

I am using a DIYINK power supply. It should be able to deliver 5VDC 1A. I will also try to connect Cronus to a Placid and adjust the current to be enough.

At this moment I have no more sound at all. Tomorrow I wil remove Cronus, Hermes and Amanero and go back to the WaveIO. See if that works as it should. If so, I will start all over with Cronus, Hermus and Amanero.

But for now I'm going to sleep! :)

Make sure you have GND between each ribbon signal if using the ribbon.

Checked this and checked all connections. They all connect properly.
Tried to see if there was sound. No sound.

Pictures, I also included a pic of the DIYINK PS I jus remembered I still have a "old" Placid I can use instead of this one. :

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Stack 1.jpg
    Stack 1.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 411
  • Stack 2 jumper.jpg
    Stack 2 jumper.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 406
  • Connections BIII Cronus.jpg
    Connections BIII Cronus.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 404
  • Top Stack.jpg
    Top Stack.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 379
  • DIYINK.jpg
    DIYINK.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 227
Brian is absolutely correct. I would only suggest you consider ribbon if the run is very very short. Ribbon has very high capacitance - which the isolator will have a hard time driving if the length is long. In your case it looks like you could just mount the USB stack to the side a bit and use UFL to the B3SE. I would still check your soldering - those solder balls worry me.

Bit of a crappy iPhone picture. I made the ribbon a bit shorter. I took some desoldering litze and cleaned all Cronus made better solder joints.

Next I installed an old Placid instead of the DIYINK PSU. Transformer is 9V 0,83. I adjusted the Placid to give as much A as possible. It gets really hot. So I throttled back to 0.300 V.

I have music again. Only at 192, distortion at 384. After a while I here static in tjhe music, next distorton and then silence. Turn of everything and turn on after a while: music again and this repeats.

I will clean the soldering joints of Hermes and Amanero too and see what happens.

Attachments

• foto 2.jpg
    foto 2.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 378
With the uFL coax cables it should be fine.

If you replace the header - do it on the hermes - it is the cheapest module to replace if you need to.

Earlier when you asked I thought you meant you could not stack the Cronus/hermes/amanero at all (very short case). I did not realize you were stacking them all on top of the B3SE stack. That would indeed be quite a tall stack.

Cheers!
Russ