Something to lighten the mood

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I read that Heath Robinson's name was included in the dictionary from 1912 as a synonym for absurd, ingenious and over-complicated makeshift devices.

The use of Rube Goldberg's name for the same purpose dates from 1928.

For balance, I attach an image of a Rude Goldberg machine. :cool:
Somehow that reminds me of my father redirecting me from the kitchen garbage can to the loo way back when:boggled:

...Oh that was very hard to listen to...
It was indeed, but that was also the point, to sound so awful as to drive people back indoors! :)

Truth be told, I suspect the authenticity of that video for multiple reasons. It's probably fake. Some of the "musicians" look crudely green-screened onto the background buildings.

But it certainly made me forget about Covid-19 for a few minutes! :D

-Gnobuddy

At home enjoying the day, pretending nothing bad is happening, but I cannot find my beer.

Attachments

• IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
:) The one you can see is a switching type so no heat but if you look next to it, behind the white cord there is a non SMPS, but even it is only ever so slightly warm. Thing is, this dog likes 0º way more than 20º. In fact when the temp drops, some well meaning ladies will ask, why don't you have him in a coat? I tell them he's already wearing two. He lays down in snow banks and grins like his Daddy does on a Maui beach.

Our last dog was an Irish Setter. She was as daft as a brush, but so loving.

Tosca was on medication for epilepsy, but still managed to live to the ripe old age, in doggie years, of thirteen.

We've never replaced her...

Now you'll need to lighten the mood again, Cal! :sorry:

Galu, I totally understand. Once you've had your "perfect" dog it's hard to open your heart to another. I've had a number of dogs during my life but the last one, Jake, was so special I was afraid any other would disappoint. Also, we are old now and might outlive another dog.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 116