Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at my FB page. :D

Oh, THAT! Yeah, saw that.

By the way, REV33 has changed their website. The "look inside" page is gone, where they had the 1, 2, 3 list of problems they claimed to solve. Instead they just have this:

"Designed by electrical engineers with a combined 50 years of experience, the REV33 currently has 6 patents pending towards its innovative technology. Depending on the headphones or earbuds being used, REV33 can provide a peak improvement the signal to noise ratio by up to 12 dB."

Six pending patents! Though I can't find the one they claimed was allowed.

se

It is illegal to mention patents that aren't there!

And the one issued patent that I can find, which is just a load of gibberish, Rauschmayer says is for "something else."

He claimed that at least one patent had been allowed (not issued yet) however a search of applications shows absolutely nothing with Rauschmayer listed as an inventor, or assigned to REVx Technologies or EMRev Technologies (the name of their corporation before they changed it to REVx).

se

The download is a marketing tool to get you to buy their other high profit snake oil products.
Well my experience with their cable has been quite good have found that very low cap cable to work well for me. Salesmen are given a bad name for telling the customer what they want to hear. So you choose between feeding your family and being a starving man of truth. About 30 years ago a Senator told me do not go throwing around the truth it is available commodity . Beside no one inside the beltway appreciates it . Applies in sales also . Since I am not in sales the truth is not too expensive for me .:scratch:

How about these $18K interconnects? This company threatens the worlds supply of snake oil!!

High Fidelity Cables

$18 k ... that's budget prices in the world of snake oil , take a look at audioquests catalogue 2 x 1O m speaker cables @ £120 ,OOO with free delivery :) I " reviewed " a pair on Amazon last year but it got deleted for some reason , some sellers have no sense of humour :)l

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.