Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the "refrigerators" I want to build for myself someday. :D

Sometimes bigger is better. Out of curiosity about a stereo owned by a childhood friend of my parents, (Mackintosh receiver,Dual 1219 turntable, and Jensen /Onken style speakers, I cobbled together an onken style pair of speakers, with Trace Elliot ( by Celestion) 15 inch woofers, old 15" midrange horns from Sansui SP 5500's, and 511B Horns loaded with modern Fane tweeters.
They are huge (60"×23"×17.5") in an average sized living room, coloured, and so effortlessly able to do dynamic swings it doesn't matter.
There's some magic in using horn directivity, along with the beaming of a 15" midwoofer to take sidewall reflections out a little.
Now I remember why I was envious of the Campbell's stereo over our JVC system.
If you want to build those 'fridge's, you should.

Sometimes bigger is better. Out of curiosity about a stereo owned by a childhood friend of my parents, (Mackintosh receiver,Dual 1219 turntable, and Jensen /Onken style speakers, I cobbled together an onken style pair of speakers, with Trace Elliot ( by Celestion) 15 inch woofers, old 15" midrange horns from Sansui SP 5500's, and 511B Horns loaded with modern Fane tweeters.
They are huge (60"×23"×17.5") in an average sized living room, coloured, and so effortlessly able to do dynamic swings it doesn't matter.
There's some magic in using horn directivity, along with the beaming of a 15" midwoofer to take sidewall reflections out a little.
Now I remember why I was envious of the Campbell's stereo over our JVC system.
If you want to build those 'fridge's, you should.

Thanks. I will. But it will have to wait until I build the shop/design studio out back that I want so I'll have room for them. :D

se

28715186712_a8ae821f36_b.jpg

DIY version... of... ...something
WTS: 3rd MO: Audiophile Ground Box

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
28715186712_a8ae821f36_b.jpg

DIY version... of... ...something
WTS: 3rd MO: Audiophile Ground Box

But on the commercial products site:

What are the differences between the Aucharm ground boxes sold on AliExpress/****** compared to yours?
The ground boxes I am mass ordering are customised and formulated for tropical use. Singapore’s climate is very humid (more than 70% R.H.). Eventually, water vapor will penetrate an untreated ground box and moisture absorb by the mixture, diminishes the effect.

What is the composition of the mixture? Is it safe?
The manufacturer does not reveal the “ingredients” in the mixture, however, he assures me there are no toxic heavy metals such as cadmium, manganese, lead or mercury. It is not radioactive also.

So it really is only effective in humid climates and if you let you house remain humid (no A/C).

I'm also relieved by what its not, phew. Actually if it were radioactive, maybe it would do something!

Status
Not open for further replies.