Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they can do it, I think I'll apply for a patent on the unique energy field I produce shortly after consuming a plate of steamed broccoli. I know it's unique because I am inexorably drawn to it, whereas every other living creature in the vicinity is simultaneously and violently repelled.

- Jim

Last edited:
Mechanical diodes? Valves. There are a slew of them in my car, for starters, one keeping the air from flowing out of each tire, while allowing air to flow in from the air-compressor at the gas station.

That's one reason why I prefer "valve" over "tube" when it comes to the electronic version. But I digress.

-Gnobuddy

That is tragically depressing.

Adding feet under a power-line conditioner changes the sound coming out of your speakers? :whacko: :irked:

I guess female singers now have to worry about the type of heels on their shoes; stiletto spikes to improve the treble for classical sopranos, shorter and chunkier heels to beef up those lower notes for altos, hard plastic heels for death-metal singers?

Recently I found out that up to 50% of Cavalier King Charles spaniels now suffer from a tragically horrible medical condition, in which part of their hind-brain prolapses and falls out of the foramen magnum, the opening at the base of the skull.

I am now wondering if playing with too much stereo equipment causes the same symptoms in some humans. If half your brain fell out of your skull, you too might believe that placing feet under a power conditioner change the sound coming out of your speakers...

-Gnobuddy

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Sadly true about the Cav (and normal KC) spaniels. So much so that the BBC stopped showing the annual Crufts dog show when the winner one year had just that condition. Without wishing to break any rules the respective Kennel clubs around the world have done us and our furry friends a huge disservice with a lot of the breed standards. But they have been cleaning their acts up at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.