What are you Watching?

yeah, but where are the exploding, ricocheting satellites :D - see my prior post re cinematic realism vs space (space will have the last laugh)

It'll be fun to see how much traction will develop towards more "investment" in extra-terrestrial exploration after the recent success of Rosetta and today's Orion test launch.

Mars? sure it's technically possible- and if we lie to ourselves convincingly enough, maybe even economically justifiable - but exactly why, really? doesn't humanity have issues to deal with here before exporting our "special brand" outwards?

oops, sorry, dyspepsia again

Bob - you read my mind - it's currently playing at Silver City Imax, and my son highly recommended it, with the caveat "it's a bit of a mindfork - so maybe don't take mom" - even if not so convoluted, at just under 3hrs, he's definitely right about that

The annual pass for the Royal Museum Imax is only $46 - even if you only catch 3 films once each, it pays for itself.

Thanks, you just talked me into that - I just need to remember my earplugs, and maybe Gravol :D

Midnight's Children - for me the combination of Rushdie's self-indulgent magical realism - throughout his entire canon, really- his undeniable talent with words and imagery, Deepa Mehta's consummate directing skills, and an outstanding cast made for an most enjoyable and somehow uplifting evening.

It certainly made up for the "meh" that was Gravity

Disclosure: I'm rather a fan of Salman's work, so was probably predisposed to enjoying it - but then again, self -awareness of enjoying watching Sandra didn't work in this case

Theory of Everything - too much "Hollywood" / sentimentality? dunno, don't care

Absolutely stunning performance by Redmayne - Jane and Stephen- as perfect a union of indomnitable spirits as I've seen portrayed in a while.

The Alan Turing flic might be interesting as well - anyone seen that?