And what did we buy today?

A pre-owned Apple iPad Air 32GB Grey.
I have an iPad today but it is a loan from the town council to me/us as politicians (the paper-less society), but have to return it when I end my political career. Planning to that this coming spring so I want to be prepared and have all apps and accounts transferred to my own iPad.

Should point out that I am no friend of Apple products (though a glass of Calvados is ALWAYS right), but we use the various communication programs like Skype and Facetime and it is very handy to use on trips.

A pair of these silly earrings for the special girl-

51MAu22hhEL._UY500_.jpg

A sack of twenty isolated panel-mount RCA jacks.

A couple JRR Tolkien books (Morgoth's Ring, and Return of The Shadow) to slowly finish my collection of the History of Middle Earth series.

Trying to find some affordable chassis to finish a couple projects, but I'm too cheap to pull the trigger on any this pay period. I'm building up a surround sound decoder (think analog Dolby Pro Logic/Hafler matrix type) and need an enclosure to start mocking up. Almost picked one up on Amazon for ~26$ shipped, but I'm waiting for now.

Ordered a new soundcard for my shop computer as I crispie-crittered the old one by not selecting the resistor divider when monitoring the output of a power amp.

FedEx showed it delivered day before yesterday, but they delivered it somewhere other than my house. I called FedEx that evening but never heard anything back so I sent a message through Amazon to the seller.

Now I get to wait a week or more before I can get the FFTs working again.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...FedEx showed it delivered day before yesterday, but they delivered it somewhere other than my house. I called FedEx that evening but never heard anything back ...

FedEx used to be good but recently they are forking-up bad.

Sent three large boxes of textiles to my brother. Confirmation says delivered "on porch". Brother does not have a porch. I would not leave a package on a porch anywhere in that area. FedEx stands behind their driver, suggests we should search every porch in town, refuses to refund the shipping, and neglects to apologize. They were so arrogant that we cancelled the FedEx shipping account we had for 17 years.

Maybe they can stay in business losing packages for Amazon.

They miss-delivered it twice. I finally found it at a house where the the occupant has moved out recently.

My conscience would not allow me to tell FedEx that it was still lost.

Worst still, I can't get it to work with ARTA. The output looks good,but there appears to be no input when I run FFTs.:mad: