Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hope that will cure any kind of Corollavirus ...:rolleyes:

Got some food for my little Corolla.

20200501_184958.jpg

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Dog de-wormer. (I think the local porcupines are wormy and it gets in my dogs.)

> brakes are small lol Front or rear?

Unless it is a Subaru: rear, obviously. Disk around drum. The disk is for stopping, the drum is for the cheapest parking brake possible.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A small handheld "network analyzer" for checking antennas for $70 US. UPS was another $30 (damn that border!!!) plus whatever else they ding me for for clearing it. All told, probably $200 CAD. I get taxed on everything, the shipping and UPS charges.

It better be good I tell ya!

-Chris

Daily driver: mine is a 2009 Corolla, although I’ve only got 80,000kms and it has a 1.8 litre engine. At the time I bought mine there was an option called Corolla xrs using the Camry 2.4 litre engine which I would have liked but the price differential was insulting. They’ve ruined the Corolla now, CVT transmission in the name of going an extra 100 yards on a tank of gas.

Attachments

• 7694CB3B-525F-4AA4-8F2F-6E2B8D442D22.jpeg
    7694CB3B-525F-4AA4-8F2F-6E2B8D442D22.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
According to Wiki, the Corona in the US in the 70's was replaced with the Camry in 1982. The upmarket Toyota I remember before Lexus was the Cressida.
When I was in High School (back in the early '80's) one of my friends used to drive his dad's Corona station wagon 'til he was able to get a used Mustang. I remember it (the Corona) well; it was turd-brown with fake wood paneling, and we took it everywhere - even off-road. Especially off-road. We were finally busted when his dad yelled at us after having weeds - he called them "wheat things" - blow all over his clothes on his way to work.

Aye, memories!

And for topic's sake: assorted herbs and flower pots for the wife.

Daily driver: mine is a 2009 Corolla, although I’ve only got 80,000kms and it has a 1.8 litre engine. At the time I bought mine there was an option called Corolla xrs using the Camry 2.4 litre engine which I would have liked but the price differential was insulting. They’ve ruined the Corolla now, CVT transmission in the name of going an extra 100 yards on a tank of gas.

I searched out and found myself a second hand 2009 xrs 5 spd, is a fun car after some basic modifications.
I swapped the clutch slave cylinder for one from a scion to reduce the throw and keep my knee from hitting the steering wheel, I replicated the TRD airbox using a length of 2.65” tubing, and some fabricated rubber blocks in the springs that firm things up to match the excellent shock valving that’s unique to that model as well. Has a great audio setup now too, is a stealth installation that appears oem.

The European market cars get better brakes it appears; in North America, only the sport models receive rear discs.

Today’s purchases included a sack of grass seed to replant the area under the trampoline, and a replacement handle for my large shop broom.