• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Prototype Markaudio drivers

Great I’ll giv’em a thorough going over :D

They’re currently sat in their boxes firing upwards running from a little tpa3116 amp fed by a hifimediy UH1 32/384 asynchronous usb dac from my Mac mini.

They’ve had several Cowboy Beebop episodes and a load of Youtube. They're already massively better than the Harman/Kardon Soundsticks they replaced.

Is there any possibility that the OEM could give us the driver specs, they must certainly have them. Otherwise if one of the folks who picked a pair.and has measuring equipment would be so kind as to post measurements it would be greatly appreciated. It would take the uncertainty out of proper enclosure design.

The drivers arrived today and they are massive! They look like tanks compared to the Alpair 10s that I have!

Now it's time to start a break-in regimen, and to get to cutting wood. I'm thinking about the bass reflex boxes for the c h n 110... got to wait for someone to get these things tested to see if the parameters are close enough.:D

I have a pair and they look and feel fantastic, so will I measure them as soon as I have the time, although I am unsure about sticking any added mass to the cone to calculate the VAS
They are pristine so would have to be very cautious doing this.

Does anyone know what the internal volume of the Cesti MBR is? About 10 litres I reckon
And what about port dimensions?

As noted in the original post the drivers spec similarly to the Pluvia 11. So here’s some porting options in 9 litres.

Note that Tuning to 50hz gives a -12 of around 40hz which is close to what the MRB was supposed to give Going by reviews

Attachments

• 8A64ABFE-2B10-4680-8D2B-6CC1474D0156.jpeg
    8A64ABFE-2B10-4680-8D2B-6CC1474D0156.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 270
Sota 11R Red and Alpair 11ms black.png

I am enjoying these as they break in in some test cabinets of approx. 11.5 litre internal volume. I think they will only get better over the next few days.

I have attached a quick frequency measurement showing the Sota 11R and Alpair 11ms in the same cabinet as a reference. The 11ms is already broken in.

I think it is a pity that not more pairs are available. At this price its great value.

Red trace is the SOTA 11R, black is the Alpair 11ms.

Last edited:
Hi,
I’ve just measured the Sota 11R drivers, generously supplied by Stefan. Here are the results but without a measurement of VAS as I have a keyboard malfunction that does not allow me to input added weight to the VAS calculator on the DATS

R = 7.51
Fs = 49.12
Qts = 0.367
Qes = o.448
Qms = 2.051
L = 0.214

I’ll try and sort out another keyboard so I can do the VAS calculation in a day or so.