• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Prototype Markaudio drivers

Got another keyboard so have done a measurement for VAS and this came out as
13.0 litres

If anyone is interested, using Winisd and a Quasi Butterworth alignment one gets:

Box volume: 8.9 litres
Tuning freq. : 53.12
Vent: 47mm x 170mm
-3db @ 55 Hz

Or

An Extended Bass shelf alignment one gets

Box volume: 18.8 litres
Tuning freq: 39.4 HZ
Vent: 47mm x 143mm
-3db @ 40 Hz

Should see the Fs go down after running in I guess so it’ll be worth re-measuring then.

There is a + mark on mine but it’s not very clear. part of it is under the metal on one of the tabs

Mine are in 9l sealed cabs with no stuffing at the moment they sound great in near field in my desk. No Weak bass issues at all. They sound very very tight and snappy. In this situation I’m not sure I’d even bother with venting them.

Last edited:
There is a + mark on mine but it’s not very clear. part of it is under the metal on one of the tabs

Mine are in 9l sealed cabs with no stuffing at the moment they sound great in near field in my desk. No Weak bass issues at all. They sound very very tight and snappy. In this situation I’m not sure I’d even bother with venting them.
Did you connect positive wire on + tab or on tab where is red mark. It seems to me that red mark is by the wire connected to tab with - on plastic

Here is a pic

Attachments

• driver polarity.jpg
    driver polarity.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 206
My driver's have been breaking in for about 30 hours now so I've begun thinking of a box for them. I've settled on a golden ratio box of near 18 liters or so with a slot port. From the pictures and specs I've seen the CHN-110 looks to be very close to the SOTA-11R. The specs are Almost dead on with Jerryo's measurements with the exception of The (49 vs 44) and VAS (13 vs 24.7). I would think that with break in these specs should come much closer. So for now I'm going to run some cases in Unibox using the CHN-110 specs to see what I can come up with.

Hey there PJN,
you’re getting on well by the sound of it. Seems like you will be using an EBS alignment at 18 litres. As mentioned this gets you to 40 Hz at -3db if Winisd is anything to go by. Excursion will become more of an issue though depending on max SPL aimed for. I’d go with a variable port length so you can change the tuning as the driver shrugs off any stiffness with use, and the Fs drops a little.

Going with a golden ratio box makes the baffle width really set the rest of the box dimensions, and a reasonable width puts you near 18 liters. Unfortunately the tuning required make the port length a challenge. I need to play around some more to see if I can avoid a long or curved port that will fit nicely in the box.