• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Prototype Markaudio drivers

Hi Jerryo,

Is there any chance that you could rerun your driver measurements once your copies have broken in ? From what I've been reading the parameters can change quite a lot depending on the driver. It would really take the uncertainty out of the box design. I've been running sims using Unibox and Winisd comparing your original measurements to the published CHN-110 measurements and getting a significant difference in box sizes.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi PJN,
I’d be happy to do that, but due to some health issues it might be some time. Totally exhausted most of the time after work so hobbies etc have had to go on the back burner.
My measurements were done according to the instructions given with the Dayton Audio Tester so as accurate as this device gives. The measurement for VAS was by the added mass method using a suitable mass adhered to the cone with Blutac. This may not have given an entirely accurate result, although I did run the test a few times to confirm it.

I’ll try and break theses drivers in at the earliest opportunity.

Cheers