iWoofer - subwoofer's control system IOS/Android

BTW, size reduced iWoofer 4.03 (0402 only) 38x24mm.

Attachments

• 2020-03-27_15-52-56.png
    2020-03-27_15-52-56.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 306
  • iWoofer_V4_03_OT (3-27-2020 3-51-37 PM).zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
As I see, REW has only IIR EQ(iWoofer uses minimum-phase FIR), if you really need you may setup Xover's 25pcs EQ manually. Practically, parametric EQ will never the same precise as a FIR, so I see no reason to improve mic precision, and the same time to lose equalization precision.
iWoofer was designed as an extremely cost-effective room correction DSP for subwoofers, to work with iOS devices without an external mic.

iWoofer was designed as an extremely cost-effective room correction DSP for subwoofers, to work with iOS devices without an external mic.

However there are many people without ios devices. Buying an ios device just to setup a sub or two is not cost effective. I expect that making this work with Android devices has a number of problems, not the least of which is the difference between the microphones in each different type of device.

As I see, REW has only IIR EQ(iWoofer uses minimum-phase FIR), if you really need you may setup Xover's 25pcs EQ manually. Practically, parametric EQ will never the same precise as a FIR, so I see no reason to improve mic precision, and the same time to lose equalization precision.

Not sure what the difference is between IIR EQ & minimum-phase FIR, if there is a previous post or some other place I can educate myself, please provide a link.

hah, ten times more expensive and I have doubts if more precise. If your room is big enough, you can notice the difference in the frequency response time if you'll increase/decrease a time per frequency point setting. 100m*m hall really needs about .8s of echo settling time. As I see on youtube dirak tutorial, wide-range(20-20000Hz!!) sweep there no longer than 5-10s, try to imagine how "precise" that compensation is.

hah, ten times more expensive and I have doubts if more precise. If your room is big enough, you can notice the difference in the frequency response time if you'll increase/decrease a time per frequency point setting. 100m*m hall really needs about .8s of echo settling time. As I see on youtube dirak tutorial, wide-range(20-20000Hz!!) sweep there no longer than 5-10s, try to imagine how "precise" that compensation is.

Is there a BOM to build this thing or not?

It has just arrived, I hooked it up and 5 minutes after courier left I already feel big improvement of the bass line. I mean really good improvement.

I think you have no excuse do not test such effective and easy to use technology for under 100 USD. The only equivalents I can find right now are ten times more expensive (DSpeaker, miniDSP Dirac).

I did a more detailed setup by measuring each subwoofer in the room (by putting iPhone near each one, iWoofer app permits this) and after going to the listening spot on the couch I let iWoofer do the final tests and calculation of FIR coeficients, loading them to the device and voila: the green line is the final respons after correction.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 21.47.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 21.47.20.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 240
Thank you for the tip, IVX.

I was thinking that red subwoofer has enough "steam" in that region but I will follow your suggestion. I want to ask you some points, could you please clarify these to me?

1. In fact I measured 4 different subwoofers but seems like there are only 3 curves remained, not considering the green one which is final. Is iWoofer doing this to have the graphic uncluttered? Or it is not considering at all the 4th subwoofer?

2. The videos I found explaining setting procedure consider only one subwoofer and doing maybe more measurements of the same subwoofer (also more measurements on the listening spot). My question is if my take on this --measuring more subwoofers-- is correct, meaning the iWoofer app is not puzzled by that?

Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
Dorin

Last edited: