Post your Solid State pics here

Another minor update. The tribute is coming together nicely as well.
There is however no woodwork involved, it's a full metal jacket. :D

Attachments

• __a6d3323037fa3995.jpg
    __a6d3323037fa3995.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 841
  • __e2d7847b5599c421.jpg
    __e2d7847b5599c421.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:
So you do have those real parts made in China. Are you able to share info about that Source now?

Yup, made in China. It took most companies in Europe much longer to quote, when they choose to do so, than it took

China CNC Machining Services, Custom CNC machining parts

to quote, build and ship. Go figure. ;)

So obviously European companies do not seem to have much interest to do such work. I guess they 'earn' they're money by other means.

The finished quality of the parts is quite good.

Shipment from China happened in record time, about 24h by DHL.

spookydd,

I ask them but have not heard back from them as they now have National Holidays until sometime next week. I guess, unlike the Europeans, they will welcome more business. The more such work they get, the more they can perfect they're processes and perhaps lower the price as well. Win - Win for everybody.
Btw. they did a fantastic job packing the parts ! :cheers:

valvesounds, Wood work is beautiful. :)

Thanks zman01, thimios. :)

I ask them but have not heard back from them as they now have National Holidays until sometime next week.

That's no problem of course, and nothing unusual for them, as they always do this. I've dealt with them many times before and they do this once in a while.

I guess, unlike the Europeans, they will welcome more business. The more such work they get, the more they can perfect they're processes and perhaps lower the price as well. Win - Win for everybody.

Absolutely! I hope we can cultivate some motivation in them, to do the best they can and keep it up.

It's true those europeans don't appear to be hurting hard enough, and they always make ridiculously high quotes on everything, no matter who they are and what they're quoting on. I always attempt to get quotes, but when they do respond, which as you mention, isn't always, they almost always are far out of reach with their stupidly high offers.

I think they may just do this on purpose, so they win either way, sort of, by making out like bandits when we go for their stupid high prices, or we just go away and they avoided bargaining with us.

There is no urgency, so we can wait for them to get back to work as usual and then they can be approached again...

I would like to see what they could do for my little xover project as posted a while back (sheet metal 2 part case)..

spookydd,

I hear you. I would not necessarily just blame these companies for they're ridiculously high pricing, but the governments which have managed to regulate business to near death in Europe causing none value added expenses to these companies. This malaise has a name, the EU. Those are to be blamed for the over regulation and over taxation nearly totally suffocating business. Regulation from vacuum cleaners over light bulbs to cucumbers and milk, total insanity. Why can't they not leave it to the free market and its participants to regulate through market action ? We can't have a true free market, competition for the best service and products apparently stinks and drives prices down. OMG, with lower prices, then somebody would collect less taxes. We can't have that can we ? Voters over there in Europe are apparently quite happy with this arrangement of a market that mimics to be a free market, they don't want it any other way, they seem to like planned economies as it worked so well in Eastern Europe -until the collapse, I guess.

Anyway, I am certain you will get an acceptable quote for your project parts.

Meanwhile test fitting 45kg of pure goodness progressed as scheduled.:D

Attachments

• __4751534696168853.jpg
    __4751534696168853.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,398