How to build a 21st century protection board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All the isolation on the grounds makes these good in operation but it gets tricky testing! Yes it looks like your issue is in the area of Q6. It's base gets a 5V signal from the control board to turn on through R11 which in turn should ground the input of U2.

If you find pin 4 of U2 is actually being grounded but the output fets aren't turning on look for a short between the gate and the source on Q8 and Q9 shorting the output of U2. This happens quite often and is hard to see.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
20200703_151421.jpg

Very hard to see, but the base of Q6 isn't attached to it's pad. Resoldered and everything is working perfectly.

1 more question, can I power both DC boards from the rails of one channel, or should I power each board separetely from each channel board?

You have literally spent most of today answering my crazy questions. I can't thank you enough!!! if you need someone to write testimonies or reviews let me know, it's the least I could do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.