How to build a 21st century protection board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's a miserable little board fresh from the oven.

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_141852.jpg
    IMG_20191228_141852.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 479
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Success getting the bootloader loaded! I used the toaster oven and used a timer and set the temps approximately, it lined up perfectly. Still wouldn't work because I set of pins didn't have enough solder paste, so used the soldering iron, still wouldn't work, found a VERY small solder bridge between two pins and it worked. Thanks for everyones help. The rest of the chips look way easier.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I finally got around to getting my honey badger boards finished, I have one channel completed and working perfectly. I'm having trouble with the DC Detection boards and it's my fault. I had the polarity switched on one board from the rail voltages and I had both boards 8-pin ribbon cable from the control board installed backwards, Pin 1 was in the 7-8 position and so on.
Now when I power up with power to the boards and the 8-pin ribbon connector connected it immediately goes into DC detected and shuts down the amp. I do not have the amp outputs connected to the boards, so it's not seeing any DC.
What should I check first?
BTW, I did double check all the connectors and they are correct now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.