200W MOSFET CFA amp

This is PSSR with added cap multipliers between OPS and IPS.

Attachments

• 120W-LMOSFET-efVAS-OIC-PSSR.jpg
    120W-LMOSFET-efVAS-OIC-PSSR.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 886
200W/8 400W/4 CFA VMOSFET

In meantime wile I am waiting for PCB for 120W CFA with lateral MOSFET here is 200W vertical MOSFET CFA.
Quite low distortion, excellent Phase Margin and Gain Margin, Slew Rate 500V/usec, quite simple schematic, what to say more. To good to be true? I hope not and for sure I have to build that one. This OPS is not so expensive as the one with laterals, and does not use DC servo, just trimmer pot instead of fixed VAS emitter resistor.
RC over the VAS resistors decrease distortion (increase the loop gain) at high frequencies.
Damir

Attachments

• 200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-OIC-sch.jpg
    200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-OIC-sch.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 863
  • 200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-OIC-LG.jpg
    200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-OIC-LG.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 760
This is my attempt to plot distortion versus output voltage at 1 kHz.
If I look to .four log printout, thd_pct calculation deviate from it a bit and I am not sure way, but anyhow it is here. X axes values shown are the input voltage and if multiplied by gain of 25 it is output voltage.
Damir

Attachments

• 200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-OIC-THD1k versusoutputlevel-2.jpg
    200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-OIC-THD1k versusoutputlevel-2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 583
200W CFA VMOSFET

This is the version I am going to build. I have ordered all needed components and now waiting for delivery.
Here is preliminary layout, when all components arrive I will check that all fit, correct what is needed and then order the PCB production.
Damir

Attachments

• 200 CFA VMOSFET-dado-lay.jpg
    200 CFA VMOSFET-dado-lay.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 496
  • 200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-sch.jpg
    200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-sch.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 578
Hi dadod, just for curiosity - why did you change design - Slewrate Fall to 250 instead of
500v/us?
Do you Think if you have two headsinks for outputstage that the Can be placed next to each other and used as one headsink?

When have you plan for 120W version with vertical mosfet?

I did not change design, this Slew rate is with input filter connected, internal Slew rate is the same.
I will do in parallel my 120W lateral and 200W vertical mosfet amps, to be sure that all worked as simulated. Than is just a question of a layout for different output power.

Thanks dadod, i really appreciate your Work:)

according to using two headsinks for same outputstage (4 devices mounted on each heatsink) in a EF outstage you can´t make "thermal tracking" but with CFP outputstage you only monitors driver transistors?

You are right about CFP, you have to track the drivers only, but optimum bias window is narrower and more critical. D. Self prefers CFP, but somebody said hi is back to EF now.
I don't have experience with CFB.

200W CFA VMOSFET

This is the layout of the PCB I am going to order prototype board tomorrow. I have all semiconductors, all elcos, most of resistors and film caps, waiting for some orders to arrive.
Happy New Years
Damir

Attachments

• 200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-layout.JPG
    200W-VMOSFET-efVAS-RCovervasres-layout.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
It looks that Christmas and New Year slowed the components delivery as I am still waiting for some to arrive.
Today the PCB for 200W VMOSFET amp is finished and here are the photos and the photos of 120W LMOFET soon to be tested.
Damir

Attachments

• PCB-200W-VMOSFET.JPG
    PCB-200W-VMOSFET.JPG
    956.9 KB · Views: 587
  • PCB-200W-VMOSFET +120W-LMOSFET.jpg
    PCB-200W-VMOSFET +120W-LMOSFET.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 552