100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Attachments

• AX116 BOARDS.jpg
    AX116 BOARDS.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 1,674
Hi,

About 8%. I'll try to finish it tomorrow

Damn you are an amp whipping machine:D !! Bham bham bham one after the other,They just keep coming ! I wish I was atleast 1% of you on this:rolleyes:.

Anyways on a more serious note,Please do a complete analysis of the amp,Soundstange,Dynamics and all you know.

I want to build a reference Amp to test all my DIY speakers,So please do elaborate on all the aspects.

Regards.

Hello. I have built this amp AX9 based on schematic i post.Are threre any updated part values?Can i use 22uF instead 10uF for the cap at pin number 5 of opamp to extend low frequency responce?

Attachments

• a9 schematic with new (red) values for fast DC servo, high bias and low gain..JPG
    a9 schematic with new (red) values for fast DC servo, high bias and low gain..JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 1,366
AX16 Singing!

Hi Guys,

It's singing! You may notice in the picture that I didn't put the 100n caps on top of the boards. I was running low on 100n film caps so I decided to use X7R SMD caps on the bottom right next to the elco caps they were decoupling. Worked great and was very easy due to the tight layout.

I have only listened to it through my test speakers so far but it sounds very good so far. I'll hook it to my big A/B setup tomorrow and give a more detailed report. I'm posting some pics of some square waves for your enjoyment.

Blessings, Terry

Attachments

• AX16 CLIPPING.jpg
    AX16 CLIPPING.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 434
  • AX16 100KHZ.jpg
    AX16 100KHZ.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 403
  • AX16 50KHZ.jpg
    AX16 50KHZ.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 439
  • AX16 20khz.jpg
    AX16 20khz.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,842
  • AX16 10khz.jpg
    AX16 10khz.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,878
  • AX16 1KHZ.jpg
    AX16 1KHZ.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,986
  • AX16 foil side..jpg
    AX16 foil side..jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 2,246
  • AX16 SINGING.jpg
    AX16 SINGING.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 2,430
Hi,

I have only listened to it through my test speakers so far but it sounds very good so far. I'll hook it to my big A/B setup tomorrow and give a more detailed report. I'm posting some pics of some square waves for your enjoyment.

Thanks for the report,Looking forward to the complete analysis.Please be as elaborate as possible when posting your findings.

Regards.

Hi Guys,

It's singing! You may notice in the picture that I didn't put the 100n caps on top of the boards. I was running low on 100n film caps so I decided to use X7R SMD caps on the bottom right next to the elco caps they were decoupling. Worked great and was very easy due to the tight layout.

Blessings, Terry

Q1 and Q5 should thermally couple, Q2 and Q4 too.
Q8 and Q9 is safe without heatsink, but add a small heatsink is cool :cool: :D
The bias current is about 110mA.

Part type recommendation:
C2, C6 and C7 is ceramic NP0/COG or silver mica.
C1 and C8 is MKP.
The 1/4watt and 1/2watt resistor is metal film, but choose high quality for R13 and R15.
R32 and R33 is low inductance type.

I wait the A/B result....

Q1 and Q5 should thermally couple, Q2 and Q4 too.
Q8 and Q9 is safe without heatsink, but add a small heatsink is cool :cool: :D
The bias current is about 110mA.

Part type recommendation:
C2, C6 and C7 is ceramic NP0/COG or silver mica.
C1 and C8 is MKP.
The 1/4watt and 1/2watt resistor is metal film, but choose high quality for R13 and R15.
R32 and R33 is low inductance type.

I wait the A/B result....

Seems these things should have been mentioned BEFORE I built it. It is what it is now.

That link doesn't work but I did a search and now I see that the AX16 is just the AX14 with two transistors added to form a protection circuit. However, you removed those two transistors so what you have presented here is a modified AX14 which I had already built and tested. Looks like you removed a few parts and added a trimmer to adjust the offset. I don't recall the original having any offset issues I will have to read back through my build.