Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
VituixCAD Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2019, 09:04 PM   #1661
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet007 View Post
..turn off In-Room reflection plots in Power &DI graph?
1st order reflection response set in Room tab was and still is alternative to estimated in-room response /CTA-2034-A. Estimated in-room response is visible when walls, ceiling and floor are unchecked in Room tab.

All three new curves can be switched on/off with context menu in rev 2.0.31.1.

New CTA-2034-A curves are quite blind to some obvious issues so I've not yet found good reason to automatically optimize with any of them.
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:27 PM   #1662
Robbintip is offline Robbintip  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thank you for this great software.
The update to allow 5Hz viewing window is very much welcome!

When using Optimizer, I input 5Hz in the first "Filter gain of driver" input box before clicking Axial response of Driver again to make Optimizer curve reach 5Hz, is this OK to do?
Old 24th November 2019, 06:16 AM   #1663
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbintip View Post
I input 5Hz in the first "Filter gain of driver" input box before clicking Axial response of Driver again to make Optimizer curve reach 5Hz, is this OK to do?
Frequency limits are freely available for both 'Filter gain of driver' and 'Axial response of driver'. Location of text boxes at the same "row" with Filter gain.. radio button is insignificant.

Adjusting of frequency limits is usually best to do the last, just before starting 'Axial response of driver' optimizing to verify that target curve does not reach too far; frequencies which are acoustically impossible for the driver and would lead to worse total result.
Old 24th November 2019, 06:23 AM   #1664
Robbintip is offline Robbintip  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thanks and thanks again!
Old 28th November 2019, 09:23 AM   #1665
diyAudio Member

Few CLIO Pocket CRP files needed for testing. At least frequency response measurement with mic and impedance measurement.
See post #460.
Old 28th November 2019, 07:40 PM   #1666
diyAudio Member

CRP test files received from Audiomatica. First build of 2.0.32.0 is basically ok, but I will make few improvements to impedance and voltage response handling to get correct results without tuning of FFT length and time window. Acoustical mic measurement is okay as is.
Old 28th November 2019, 08:08 PM   #1667
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Are preparing for VCAD to be optimized for CLIO ?
Old 28th November 2019, 09:47 PM   #1668
diyAudio Member

^^Improved build of 2.0.32.0 is done.

^CLIO 10-12 has been supported in Convert IR to FR tool since rev. 2.0.5.0 (2018-10-02). CLIO mls was the first one with ARTA pir quite naturally because I've had CLIO since version 10 with fw-01.
I wasn't too aware of CLIO Pocket and it's different file formats crp and ffp, but now also crp is supported to offer same possibilities to Pocket users.
Old 28th November 2019, 10:01 PM   #1669
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I need to dig deeper regarding Pocket and 12 - either one gets everything one need or not with the Pocket. That is my concern, not if its a good product or not, but can I do everything I need.
Old 30th November 2019, 09:05 AM   #1670
diyAudio Member

Auto file naming is date+time in Pocket app, but I've already asked consecutive numbering from R&D.
Individual mic calibration - if not available - could be another imperfection, though calibrated MIC-01...03 or calibration service are available, and VituixCAD Convert IR to FR can calculate compensation to responses.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!