CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.

I have managed to confuse myself again. Fresh install using 'full_install_venv.sh' v.2.1.1 on RPi3 RPi-OS 64-bit Lite running with Python 3.11.2

Back-end is greeting me with
Bash:
python camilladsp/gui/main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/camilladsp/gui/main.py", line 1, in <module>
    from aiohttp import web
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aiohttp'

When running the install script again we get this confirmation
Bash:
Requirement already satisfied: aiohttp in /home/pi/camilladsp/camillagui_venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (3.9.3)

I'm thinking maybe try install pip and install 'web' package manually. But before I go there any idea as to why I get contradicting mesages?

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
FIR convolution, does it run at Capture or Output Fs?

It would be nice to see the up or down sampling step as a box in the pipeline plot. And the we would know as a Conv filter would be plotted either after or before this.

(Its the capture - rigth?)

An other matter:

If one fail with Fs etc using the Conv filter type, big surprise incl. hearing damage may occur if one is not careful... I have had such an event. Scary really... and hurtful.

Remember, CDSP is very often used in active X-over and amps are directly connected after DACs. Volume is done upstream so full pelt out here...

I think a safety rule to let output play would be a good thing...

- If all first 1000 samples (or at the most, a chunk) coming out of the pipeline are either 1 or -1 , don't forward them to the port and stop with an Error. If it was indeed "music", it should be reported to the WHO ;-)

//

Last edited:
There is a new gui release! The main new feature is import. You pick a config file, and then you get a prompt to select what parts of the config to import. can import selected parts of a config.
It supports camilladsp v1 and v2 (including the partial configs exported by REW), EqualizerAPO, and Convolver.
Henrik, I am trying this out and having trouble reading a "partial configs exported by REW" file so I can select filters and the associated pipeline steps.
I have attached the offending file created by REW V5.30.9 . Can you tell me where I'm going wrong, please.

I do like the coloured lines in the pipeline plot.

Attachments

• EQ Desc 1 2 TL 89.6 20-410Hz 1db upload test.zip
    595 bytes · Views: 25
FIR convolution, does it run at Capture or Output Fs?
Only capture runs at capture_samplerate! The resampler is always the first step, all filters come after it.

It would be nice to see the up or down sampling step as a box in the pipeline plot.
Yes that's probably a good idea, then there can be no confusion. I'll add this in the next major version.

If all first 1000 samples (or at the most, a chunk) coming out of the pipeline are either 1 or -1 , don't forward them to the port and stop with an Error.
Hmm basically a sanity check, yeah could be good. I'll think about it.
For now, you could put in Limiter filters while playing around.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
I do like the coloured lines in the pipeline plot.
I upgraded from 2.0.0. to 2.0.3 and my lines has disappeared in the pipeline plot. I also upgraded to Pycamilladsp 2.0.2 and Backend 2.1.0. I tried a browser refresh, but it dosen't help. Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong?
Skjermbilde 2024-03-08 081848.png

I have a problem with config files not being automatically activated in v2.03 on a raspberry pi 4 and Zero 2w. I have it set up according to the excellent instructions on audioscience review, and everything works except that I have to go into the GUI and 'Apply to DSP' before the config that's active in the statefile is loaded into the DSP and then everything works fine, until I reboot. This is a problem when I'm running off grid without my usual wifi. The service that starts Camilla DSP has these lines in it (among others):

User=pi
WorkingDirectory=~
ExecStart=camilladsp -s camilladsp/statefile.yml -w -g-9 -o camilladsp/camilladsp.log -p 1234

I tried adding a default.yml config and referencing it at the end of the ExecStart line, but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Joined 2007
Paid Member
the thing is, I haven't used command line software since late 1983, so the prospect of it is more than a little daunting. I'm stuck at the download page, as I'm not sure where to even begin.
I agree using/learning command line is daunting. Have you been able to make any progress? I’m currently trying to figure out how to update some firmware for a minidsp plate amp. I’ve yet to figure out exactly how to input commands properly.
I’ve been searching the web for a tutorial that is a step by step instruction.