Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

That's the phone's navigation 'buttons'.

Any idea why the track length and progress times overlay each other? A browser refresh does (temporarily) fix it.

Hi,

I have a viewport simulator add-in for Safari and I've never been able to repro this using various mobile screen resolutions. It's probably rooted in CSS but without a repro, almost impossible to know where to start.

(1) What is exact model of the phone?
(2) Is the nav bar fixed or can it be auto-hidden?

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

I have a viewport simulator add-in for Safari and I've never been able to repro this using various mobile screen resolutions. It's probably rooted in CSS but without a repro, almost impossible to know where to start.

Regards,
Tim

Tim,
I think it's a bug that manifests across all android devices as i reproduce it on all of my android devices (samsung phone and tablet and htc phone)...
I wish i could be of more help...

Hi,

Regards,
Tim

Sometimes the same problem with iphone 6 and safari

Hi,

This procedure might work for Pi-3. Extract kernel from new Pi-3 compatible Raspbian Jessie and then install it on a TEST Moode image. Its been a long time since I've used this, and I don't have Pi-3 to test with so YMMV. Rpi-update already has the Pi-3 commits in its "next" branch :)

NOTE: there may be settings in cmdline.txt and config.sys txt that need to be migrated to Moode so best to save copies of these files from new Jessie image.

download Raspbian Jessie 2016-02-26 image
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

ssh to Raspbian

tar -zcf bootfiles.tar.gz /boot --exclude '.*' --exclude 'cmdline.txt' --exclude 'config.txt'
tar -zcf libfirmware.tar.gz /lib/firmware
tar -zcf libmodules.tar.gz /lib/modules

cp *.gz to external storage

ssh to Moode
cp *.gz from external storage to home dir

cd /

rm -rf lib/modules lib/firmware

tar xfz ~/libmodules.tar.gz
tar xfz ~/libfirmware.tar.gz
tar xfz ~/bootfiles.tar.gz

sync
halt

Regards,
Tim

Tim,
That respond was fast. :up:

Thanks for your post for PI-3. My PI-3 are on preorder, so no sure when they will be shipped to me.

Will look for to see if others can try this.

@hajj, @philrandal, @meldano

Feel free to give this a try:

In the files
- /var/www/css/panels.css
- /var/www/themes/alizarin/panels.css

add the line
- height: 180px;

to the selector
- #timeknob

Example:

#timeknob {
position: relative;
padding: 30px 0 13px;
margin-top: 10px;
height: 180px;
}

Regards,
Tim

Many thanks Tim, that seems to have fixed it.

@hajj, @philrandal, @meldano

Feel free to give this a try:

In the files
- /var/www/css/panels.css
- /var/www/themes/alizarin/panels.css

add the line
- height: 180px;

to the selector
- #timeknob

Example:

#timeknob {
position: relative;
padding: 30px 0 13px;
margin-top: 10px;
height: 180px;
}

Regards,
Tim

Many thanks Tim, that seems to have fixed it.

Hi Phil,

Ok, I'll include this in 2.6 TR1 bugfix release :)

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

This procedure might work for Pi-3. Extract kernel from new Pi-3 compatible Raspbian Jessie and then install it on a TEST Moode image. Its been a long time since I've used this, and I don't have Pi-3 to test with so YMMV. Rpi-update already has the Pi-3 commits in its "next" branch :)

NOTE: there may be settings in cmdline.txt and config.sys txt that need to be migrated to Moode so best to save copies of these files from new Jessie image.

download Raspbian Jessie 2016-02-26 image
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

ssh to Raspbian

tar -zcf bootfiles.tar.gz /boot --exclude '.*' --exclude 'cmdline.txt' --exclude 'config.txt'
tar -zcf libfirmware.tar.gz /lib/firmware
tar -zcf libmodules.tar.gz /lib/modules

cp *.gz to external storage

ssh to Moode
cp *.gz from external storage to home dir

cd /

rm -rf lib/modules lib/firmware

tar xfz ~/libmodules.tar.gz
tar xfz ~/libfirmware.tar.gz
tar xfz ~/bootfiles.tar.gz

sync
halt

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

Just a friendly bump for those who wish to try on Pi-3 :)

Regards,
Tim

Well - a happy response - this works fine. It starts fine and I can get sound out of it. On the attached screen it says "call CRDA to update world regulatory domain", but it doesn't seem to disturb it in any way.
So this works. Moode up running on Raspberry Pi 3 :)

Thank you!
best
henry

henrylarsen, Tim,

Glad to hear this. Thanks for the fast response. Waiting for my PI 3 to ship..

Well - a happy response - this works fine. It starts fine and I can get sound out of it. On the attached screen it says "call CRDA to update world regulatory domain", but it doesn't seem to disturb it in any way.
So this works. Moode up running on Raspberry Pi 3 :)

Thank you!
best
henry

Hi Henry,

Thanks for testing :)

From what I've read this may get rid of CRDA messages. It appears the package not included in Jesse...

apt-get install wireless-regdb iw crda
reboot

Please post back output from

uname -a

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your great moOde 2.5.

My es9018k2m i2s dac and Pi 2 works like a charm, playing native DSD128 without any problem.

I've tried volumio 1.55 and Raspbian wheezy so many times without success until I found your moOde 2.5 a few days ago.

Thanks again.

Last edited: