Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

How to setup daphile for wireless lan.
I have drawn a blank with getting daphile working with a wireless lan even though in the far off past I have managed. I still have the wireless lan I used but no luck. Would someone talk me through it as I have obviously forgotten how. The wireless lan does work in puppy linux and I have tried 32 and 64 bit daphiles. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks
thyristor44

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I have drawn a blank with getting daphile working with a wireless lan even though in the far off past I have managed.

On setup, Daphile will ask about your wireless SSID and key. Might do this if it detects a wireless adaptor. I like to set Daphile up on a wired LAN first, then be sure it can detect the wireless card and network.

You might ant to tell us what hardware you are using.

Vince

Last edited:
On setup, Daphile will ask about your wireless SSID and key. Might do this if it detects a wireless adaptor. I like to set Daphile up on a wired LAN first, then be sure it can detect the wireless card and network.

You might ant to tell us what hardware you are using.

Vince
Its a Wyse cxo thin client with a via c7 eden 1ghz, 2gb flash, 1gb ram.
The usb lan is a L.M. Technologies model lm001. I am using Daphile 19.0.1 i486 although I could have been using a much earlier version when I did get that working on wi fi.

One of the wonderful things about Puppy Linux is the breadth of support for network hardware.
Daphile supports a much much smaller range of hardware and yours may not be one of them...
If all else fails perhaps ask here what devices others have that do work and purchase one of those.

Hmmm... your chipset appears to be....SIS 163U rather poorly supported here..
Wireless adapters/Chipset table - WikiDevi

Last edited:
Are you using Daphile to create a hotspot or do you have a wireless router. If the latter then are you using a static IP or DHCP. What is the IP address Daphile displays on startup?
I have wireless router and static IP address and I use the internal user interface so it doesn't say use web interface but is accessible on the network at the IP I have given it.

The Wyse Thin Client is Usb 2.0 (not usb 3 )and will not achieve the stated throughput for this device, so this device is very expensive for no better performance than a usb 2.0 device.

However, Comfast is generally very Linux friendly and I would expect some of their 802.11n usb 2.0 devices to work well.

Wyse Cx0 Thin Client
Brilliant site parkytowers.

I have one of these that works fine in most Linux o/s'
I will dig it out and try it with my Daphile player on Sunday and report if it works.
Comfast cf wu755p 150 mbps wifi dongle realtek rtl8188eu chip wi fi usb adapter wifi long range antenna wifi nhận tin hiệu thẻ trong Comfast cf-wu755p 150 mbps wifi dongle realtek rtl8188eu chip wi fi usb adapter wifi long range antenna wifi nhận tin hiệu thẻ từ Mạng Thủy tren AliExpress.com

Dealxtreme have your linked one and a more modern version of the one above that is dualband (and bluetooth !?) no idea if that is Daphile compatible..
COMFAST - Free Shipping - DX

Then I would be looking at the bios settings in the Wyse to see if some usb ports have been turned off...;)

Without more info it's hard to speculate...
How did you install Daphile onto the Wyse ? Using a usb stick ? Is the wifi adaptor now plugged into that same usb port that the install used..?
Have you run any other o/s on the Wyse ?

Just to check...you're starting Daphile on the Wyse with it connected via ethernet cable and then going to settings>network and filling in the wifi router details and password and saving...then shutting down, removing the cable, plugging in the wifi adapter and booting ?
Can you attach a screen to the Wyse and check the boot messages...
"Starting Daphile....Waiting for network connection...Use ip address xxx_xxx_x_x"

@ thyristor44.....See my earlier post...and then check and report your firmware version from the bios screen....

For those interested I tried these usb Wireless adapters with Daphile (beta) today and they worked fine with Daphile set up as per my last post...

(this one needs Usb3 for best throughput but is dual band) EDIMAX - Wireless Adapters - AC600 Dual-Band - AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band High Gain USB Adapter

https://www.gearbest.com/networking-communication/pp_61801.html

(this one needs Usb3 for best throughput but is dual band and surprised me as last time I looked it was not supported ootb in Linux) Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter (DWA-182) | D-Link

D-Link DWA-125 Wireless 150 USB Adapter DWA-125 B&H Photo Video

@ thyristor44 I somehow recall you're a fellow Kiwi...? if so flick me a PM with your address and I will post the last listed D-Link unit to you @N/C ;) ...it is surplus to requirements and would only go to the recyclers otherwise :)

Last edited:
Just to check...you're starting Daphile on the Wyse with it connected via ethernet cable and then going to settings>network and filling in the wifi router details and password and saving...then shutting down, removing the cable, plugging in the wifi adapter and booting ?
Can you attach a screen to the Wyse and check the boot messages...
"Starting Daphile....Waiting for network connection...Use ip address xxx_xxx_x_x"
Not quite exactly DRONE7, but when I followed your instructions to the letter it worked on WIFI dongle beautifully.
Thank you very much for your help. Daphile is a brilliant system for me and is now perfect. Thanks again.
thyristor44