Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

@phofman..
What does "it seems it won't work" mean specifically?

probably not selecting the correct output device...use the drop down menu to select the usb dac..

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 264
Thanks for the quick reply!
The Teralink is plugged into a USB port on the Lenovo T420, and feeds into the RCA input of the Meridian 263 DAC (the only input it has), which accepts 32-48kHz. The Teradak front panel light steadily flashes yellow, and there is no sound from the system. I haven't tried a different USB lead, so that is one possibility. The Daphile output is set to 48kHz. The music source is a 2TB USB hard drive, which works otherwise. Controlled from the Orange Squeeze app on my phone.

Last edited:
@phofman..
What does "it seems it won't work" mean specifically?

probably not selecting the correct output device...use the drop down menu to select the usb dac..
Not sure I understand you correctly.
But in Audio Devices I have "USB Audio [hw:1,0]" and the Audio Player lists (and plays) 977 albums, 9373 songs, etc. All of which works with the little Behringer.

sorry scripts and dos comand prompt style things are not mine and i dont wont to learn it we have know 30years of click and point with a mouse and gui and that should be the way to work. Not typing some commands on a comand line sorry.
Is there a Konverter tool i can install or daphile would integrate
under windows 10 i use format factory its freaware and could do all very simple or i am ripping the CD with CDex or so.

perhaps he couldnt "see" the Teralink x1 as a name or so in the settings of daphile - so he think it wohnt work.

test it on windows10 and have a look at VLC so you can choose the audio device very simple and you could "see" it.
I don't (won't) use Windows 10. I have stuck with 7. Besides, Daphile is on a dedicated laptop which has nothing else. So Linux only.

sorry scripts and dos comand prompt style things are not mine and i dont wont to learn it we have know 30years of click and point with a mouse and gui and that should be the way to work. Not typing some commands on a comand line sorry.

Writing GUI is the most boring and tedious programming work. If you want it and do not want to learn, well, you will have to ask the author (and perhaps accompany the request with cash).

Is there a Konverter tool i can install or daphile would integrate

Integrating is simple, daphile already contains the sox binary. But coding all the GUI work around... perhaps kipeta has the patience. Hats off to the huge work he has done so far on duplicating the simple linux commands to the GUI.

under windows 10 i use format factory its freaware and could do all very simple or i am ripping the CD with CDex or so.

Well, then use it there, where is the problem?

well i only wont a button or on the drop down menü at daphile for either FLAC, MP3, WMA , MP4, opus, ogg or WAV - if this is only some finger tips the DAPHILE programmer can implement it.
i use MP4 , WAV , and MP3 the other i think would have some advantage for other users.
i dont want to use FLAC as a new format or Ripp it on Daphile and concert the FLAC then on windows 10 with formatfactroy to WAV or so.

the other thing is my Behringer X32 only plays WAV on 44,1khz so i have a reason to have all my files the same format - yes i can use a tablet or so to play the files via VLC or foobar or what ever - in the live situation or use the remote PC for the Desk to also play files - but i love the simple task to put in a USB stick and ready to go.

it was al lot of work and time to konvert all the WMA and other file formats from the past to this simple three formats.

the other thing is my Behringer X32 only plays WAV on 44,1khz

No soundcard plays the WAV stream. It plays PCM stream (apart of some which play DSD too). The player (and the sound subsystem behind it) converts the incoming format to the PCM format of sample-length accepted by the sound device. Be it wav, flac, mp3, anything else it supports.

If you have the X-UF card in your Behringer, its user manual says 24bit, 48kHz, 44.1kHz. Very likely using the 32bit S32_LE format like most other USB 24bit soundcards.

Thanks for the quick reply!
The Teralink is plugged into a USB port on the Lenovo T420, and feeds into the RCA input of the Meridian 263 DAC (the only input it has), which accepts 32-48kHz. The Teradak front panel light steadily flashes yellow, and there is no sound from the system. I haven't tried a different USB lead, so that is one possibility. The Daphile output is set to 48kHz. The music source is a 2TB USB hard drive, which works otherwise. Controlled from the Orange Squeeze app on my phone.

I tried another USB lead. Another USB socket. Rebooted Daphile. Another RCA cable. Aha! It turns out the RCA digital out socket on the Teralink has a bad contact. I've managed to keep it stable by using an old Valab digital cable with great big locking RCA plugs to hold the socket in place. But I still have the flashing yellow LED on the Teralink. No idea what that means, of course. :confused:
And very strangely there are artists missing from the menu on the USB hard drive. They are in there (it's the back up drive for the Innuos streamer) but I can't find them in Daphile. Oh well, at least it works, so now I have to listen and see (hear) if this DAC sounds better than the Behringer UCA202. At least I haven't spent any money, which is always my aim. I'll fix the loose socket and give it a run.
So thanks for the advice; at least I'm learning something. Hopefully, :D

Go to settings, advanced media server, plugins and paste the link to the ZIP file in the prompt at the bottom of the screen. Click apply and you are all set ....

Not working, must be .xml at the end of the link. In my case it's like this:
Download LMS plugins from SourceForge.net
Must be downloaded separately and installed manually, otherwise link not working in the plugins prompt..

Yes in most cases but depends on the implementation. I have a su-1, topping d50 and smsl m8 all with u208 and all recognized by daphile with support for native dsd512.
Thks for yr input, just a query between the 2 DACs, Topping D50 and SMSL M8 which one do you like better? Your impressions on these 2 DACS are welcomed. Thanks.

Also do you find a lot of differences between U8 and U208 or more dependent on the implementation of the chipset itself?

Last edited: