Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

My preferences:

-Babelfish XA252 (that being All Mos):

rails between 30 and 35Vdc - depending how much power is needed, Iq everything between 1A and 2A, depending how much aluminum is on disposal, BFR-22R

-Babelfish XA252 SIT:

rails 30Vdc, Iq 2A, BFR-22R

Hasta La Vista, Baby........ I'll be back!

Oh Mighty,
In SIT version what Power JFets are allowed?
Maybe you have written it, but as greenhorn I claim the right of loosing in space :D

jeff-rosenthal-arthurdent-02.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I have been gearing up to this awesome amp since it was presented, hoping for a winter release of the kits :D
This week moduhop has 20% off - seems like a great time to buy a chassis for it.

Do you guys think that a 4U 400 will be too small? (MOSFET version)
Seems to be somewhat close.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I wrote somewhere back that my buddy insisted doing his own pcb - entire project for fun of learning

in the end he was so impatient to finish it, so he did use first case which he already had - 4U/400

amp is working flawlessly even in that, though biased per case - I believe Iq is 1A .....

so, it is possible to make it almost in ACA case with some creativity :rofl: ....... but certainly best to go Full Monty - and that's 5U/500

comparing to original - PL XA25 ......... original is cheap amp, in overall scheme of things, but I'm sure that pricing of amp is made on myriad of other interests of PL Team, not based only on sound quality and performance

PL XA25 is Behemoth, believe me ...... and this one is worthy Babelfish

that speaking of value of amp itself - it deserves best you can throw in

edit: Plott's comment ....... I'm just working on arrangement of someone's Iron Turtle legs .......... :clown:

worthy Zen practice - dealing with zilliarda of tiny wires ..........

Last edited: