LuDEF

Guys,
if you don't get a reply quickly you better call him, the number is on the company website. I finally called him because email wasn't going anywhere. At least in august when I ordered mine. He told me he was not replying to emails because he had too many requests and had no people to fullfil orders. Maybe that has changed now.

I didn’t check if modding the Zen Mod is legal here. :p
If there are no legal consequences, with modifications there are increased chances for trouble.

Proper way is to first build amplifier as designed. If everything behaves and amp sings, only then is OK to proceed with eventual modifications.

Everything about mentioned ‘diode’ is explained at the linked thread. It is, so called, current regulator diode (in fact packaged JFET CCS). Replacing CCS biasing resistor, which is R112 (made a typo) with this ‘diode’ reduces effect of voltage ripple on base of BJT that regulates current.
Adequate parts are Semitec E-202 or E-272 ‘diodes’.

Of course, I am just curious and I took your bait. I normally don't apply third party mods unless extensively well tested and documented. :nod:

Cinemags arrived today! YES!
But now they came with 12 pins instead of 8. It looks like the 4 outer pins are not connected so maybe I can cut them off because PCB has only 8 pads?
I see the PCB has labels such as E1 5J C8. I am guessing c means cinemag j jensen and e edcor? It's gonna be a busy weekend...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
from now on, both will be taken care of

decided that cutting Cinemag pins is stressful enough to Regular Greedy Boy, so from now on all holes/pads included (applies to all amps having 3 Repeaters FE)

also - LU would be outboard (UMS compliant), small Al pcbs included in package, connected to main pcb with 2 thick and 1 thin wire

pics in time ...... when I get new batch of boards

Cinemags are so shiny and pretty when you open the package you don't want to cutting things off. lol

One question: how critical is the distance of R125 from the lu device? I have already mounted that on the PCB but there is a provision for an SMD on the outboard PCB from the recent group buy. Can I disregard that?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
from now on, both will be taken care of

decided that cutting Cinemag pins is stressful enough to Regular Greedy Boy, so from now on all holes/pads included (applies to all amps having 3 Repeaters FE)

also - LU would be outboard (UMS compliant), small Al pcbs included in package, connected to main pcb with 2 thick and 1 thin wire

pics in time ...... when I get new batch of boards

some graphic info

Attachments

• ums.png
    ums.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 303
  • LuDEF ums.png
    LuDEF ums.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 299
  • top render.png
    top render.png
    404.4 KB · Views: 291