SIT-Triode Hybrid idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
same task as testing Cat's Flea

or maybe Flea is conducting more current

conclusion - Flea is better toob than Korg Digitrone

I am not qualify to give conclusion about flea and toob
my practical experience is only with audio vacuum tubes..:D
If You need something like 6DJ8 = ECC88 then professional version with two matched triodes reference is 7308
7308 E188CC JAN SYLVANIA NOS BOXED VALVE/TUBE (LC26) | eBay
In my humble opinion directly heated triodes is a Big Boyz Fun
VT-25 DHT Preamplifer – Bartola(R) Valves

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
there is a drekload of Russian 6Н23П (all Cyrillic) , they're practically the same as ECC88/6DJ8

also PCC88/7DJ8 , I mean - that's same tube , just different heater

I know that Tim de Paravicini is using E or P without any change , at least judging by fact that he's heating P ones with 6V3 , which is practically "E thing"

( E means heater on 6V3 as primary characteristic , while P means heater with 300mA as primary characteristic )

Thanks, guys for the comments. I did order some 6N23P from a seller near to Russia recently. I also ordered some Russian equivalent to 6BQ5 and 6L6 both of which can be operated in triode mode. I have a pair of very valuable UTC 20W toobz output transformers. I used these transformers to drive DIY electrostatic speakers that I built from scratch back in the 1980s.

Interestingly, I played extensively with toobz when I was a kid. My father was a ham radio operator and built a Heathkit toob ham radio and built his own antenna. All ham radio gear was toobz at that time even though car radio was solid state.

Now that I have access to a curve tracer, I can play much more effectively with some toobz and the the SITs, power JFETs, etc.

Just received some KP902A parts. Curves are attached.
At 20V Vds, this part looks very linear at 100mA.
Transconductance is 30mA/V.
Its not a JFET, but it looks like a nice input/driver.

Attachments

• KP902_curves.jpg
    KP902_curves.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 149
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.