Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Here is a new son of Zen Mode ...
After some problems for having mistaken the value of a resistor, this other sissysit is finally born. He found a house inside a container of a Denon hometheater that has a nice forced ventilation tunnel for cooling. Almost immediately after adjusting bias and offset, I could not resist and I connected the sissysit instead of my turbo f5 with my IPL S2TLK CD3.0 Ribbon, The source is liquid music with a system based on double pc, HQ player and a Dac based on the jlsounds board, pcm1704 that have as output stage the R1 from Ruggero Sanna (https://up.nexthardware.com/user_images/25508/383/pre_fet_2sk170_ver3.jpg). The tube preamplifier is based on the CAT sl1 schematics. For now I cook it but in the first impression it immediately showed a beautiful soundstage and a chubby and less bright sound of the F5 V2 Turbo, excellent dynamics and energy.

For the father, Zen Mod: A big thank you for these cards that I received together with my friend Sontero (Giovanni)! I thought to replace C5 and C4 with a quality polypropylene capacitor, how many uf can be enough? Thanks to everyone ....:D

Attachments

• 20181210_192729.jpg
    20181210_192729.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 569
  • 20181215_201654.jpg
    20181215_201654.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 574
  • 20181215_201858.jpg
    20181215_201858.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 580
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , whatever amount of money you can throw on , it's hard to beat combination of Elna Silmic bypassed with Philips MKC (polycarbonate)

several times confirmed ......

however - be my guest , change with any solid cap , but do not use less than 3u3

I'm glad it sings ...

aha ... MKP, MKS, MKwhatever else ...... I'm finding MKC better than all of these , at least for my ears

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
however .... for greater exploiting of Sissy's capabilities , you need to have more sensitive and more efficient speakers , also resorting to some other preamp , not ubercomplicated tube thingie with zillion db of NFB

waste of tubes , if you ask me

only then you'll hear what's Sissy capable of

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oh yeah ...... certainly try it with L250 ...... L250

raise me a glass of wine when listening , I would like to hear that too ..... :)

preamp?

I'm heavily biased , with heavy accent on "heavily" :clown:

say that Store's incoming Iron Pre (where overall quality of preamp is primary decided with quality of volume pot one is going to use) could be hysterically good (bang for the buck) or , what else than - Iron :Pumpkin:

anyway ....... I have strong feeling that , presuming some cojones in your source(s) , even decent 10K pot (without anything else) could be superior to over-engineered box full with shiny audiophool parts

say tubes .......what's interesting ... even simplest Allen Wright's SE preamp ,properly made Euridice (my fave approach) ....... what one need is simplicity in signal route , not phono stage disguised as line stage , which you have now

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Zen Mod
I have not received the SissySIt kit yet? Is it possible to let me know whether you had shipped and if so is there a tracking available?
thanks
kannan

I suspect there are still a few of us Santa hasn’t reached yet so I wouldn’t worry unduly. Serbian postal people appear to be the problem limiting volume that cam be despatched. Hopefully we will hear the sleigh bells soon enough