SissySIT

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
one important thing , which I observed (in my limited experience ) - people are often blaming Chinese for cloning, IP theft etc.

one thing is - there must be something in cultural differences, but let's put that aside;

contrary to that issue, when we are speaking about Chinese sellers, I observed fact that they're extremely well mannered and responsible to fulfill trade arrangements ( before, during and to complete ) , no matter how much money is involved

go figure

negotiating before trade excluded - there is no connection with broader nationality context :rofl:

@ItsAllInMyHead, thanks for the links..

Adding another PSU
- CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

A couple more questions.

- Is it possible to lower the output to say 10-12 Watts per channel without making design changes? With really high efficiency speakers that much may be enough and reduce power consumption?

- Which componets mount to the heatsink directly other than the THF-51? I ask because that way I can postpone buying of the cabinet while testing. Of course I'll use sufficiently large heat sinks.

contrary to that issue, when we are speaking about Chinese sellers, I observed fact that they're extremely well mannered and responsible to fulfill trade arrangements ( before, during and to complete ) , no matter how much money is involved

I second that, with an obvious provision for when you are asking to be cheated, like buying something way below market, etc
I have quite a few amps built in aliexpress cases, cannot complain about single one
In my day job I sell a lot of stuff to China, all quite nice experience

Celebrate the birth of a new online store to support online transactions
2SK182ES K182ES 2SK182 TO 79 SIT V FET Pras1170 1PCS 20PCS/LOT STOCK FREESHIPPING| | - AliExpress
TOKIN 2SK182ES
The company decided to make the biggest discount, as long as the friends who place an order in the express shop need to leave a message to tell our salesman (Note: diyAudio), if you need to match, please leave a message to tell us, otherwise, we will deliver the goods randomly
Friends in this forum can enjoy the lowest price, free of postage. And free gifts of screws, insulation pads, screws, plastic buttons

Celebrate the birth of a new online store to support online transactions
2SK182ES K182ES 2SK182 TO 79 SIT V FET Pras1170 1PCS 20PCS/LOT STOCK FREESHIPPING| | - AliExpress
TOKIN 2SK182ES NEW SIT FREESHIPPING
The company decided to make the biggest discount, as long as the friends who place an order in the express shop need to leave a message to tell our salesman (Note: diyAudio), if you need to match, please leave a message to tell us, otherwise, we will deliver the goods randomly
Friends in this forum can enjoy the lowest price, free of postage. And free gifts of screws, insulation pads, screws, plastic buttons

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I received some quantity of necessary ACS723-5 from Pras**, along with pair of THF51-N , to try what needs trying

I did not test them yet for Ugs, Pras already did - Ugs in range of 3V9 , so perfect candidates for devising biasing mechanism which will allow use of greater Ugs SITs in SissySIT

for all other constructions - for instance - Singing Bush and lhquam's SIT-3X , value of Ugs is not critical; again, nice to have pair of close ones (per Ugs) but no particular range needed

hope to have that new biasing sorted in a week or so

**so being able to complete several kits, if needed

Last edited:
Hi, everybody. Have a great weekend
In order to celebrate my child's formal enrollment, from September to October, all friends who place orders can enjoy the discount of free postage, and the seller will pay the freight

SIT V-FET 2SK180 2SK182ES THF-51 2SK1530 2SJ201 2SJ162 2SK1058 2N5566 2SB206 2SB205 LM350K MJ21194 MJ21193 MJ21195 MJ21196 TO-3 Professional triode Continue to sell

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
look again :)

rock'nroll is not dead, it just smells funny

all the same, just drawn different in schm in post #1

:clown:

699403d1535226175-sissysit-schm-jpg

Attachments

• Autoformer gain.png
    Autoformer gain.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 492
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw.

DEFiSIT, SissySIT, SIT-3, F6 - all using so called "repeater coils" (named that in time when Telephone was young and these coils are used for important purposes) , which means 1:1 xformers, with nominal 600:600 impedance

(M2 is using 600:15K nominal impedance xformer, connected as autoformer, resulting in slightly higher gain than repeater coil gives in same arrangement)

now - everything is in way how you're going to wire it

accidentally - these repeater coils ( Edcor, Jensen, Cinemag) are all made with CT windings , which means both primary and secondary are having Center Tap

in world of xformer impedances , everything works in squares and roots , which means half of 600R nominally is 150R, so what you see in small LTSpice sketch is practically 4 150R (nominally) coils connected in series ...... first two comprising primary, second two comprising secondary

so, all 4 are the same

shoot your signal at lowest 150R (nominally) coil , its spits 1+3=4V at output

word "nominally" used to remind us that xformer is xforming impedances, currents and voltage ; impedances on both sides of xformer are reflected with impedance ratio of xformer (autoformer) in a way how it's connected

in same manner - source impedance is reflected/transformed to xformer output ........ so Rout of driven xformer depends of Rout of source itself, while Rload is reflected/transformed back to input and source itself, and it depends of Rload value

"nominal" value of impedance says no more and no less than range of driving/loading impedances and inductance of both coils is always optimized for these

going up with Rload is often beneficiary, while going up with Rout of source is mostly recipe for trouble ( "look Ma, I have no bass from these two-store-fridge sized speakers, they suck!")

Last edited: