SissySIT

@ Zen Mod
I checked two 2SK182 @ 22V 2A and they showed Vds around -1.1V.
I used a battery for Vgs. There was something funny when using linear power for previous tests.
From left in the picutres, Vgs Vds and Iq (analogue meter) are shown.

Attachments

• 2018-08-29 14.58.49.jpg
    2018-08-29 14.58.49.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,115
  • 2018-08-29 14.59.06.jpg
    2018-08-29 14.59.06.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,114
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if that's the case , 2SK182 , at least some of them ..... are applicable in SissySIT circuit

though , still best to have them , test them , then everything is crystal clear

regarding final result - THD spectra and all ........ it must be sort of similar to THF 51-S ... but how much similar , I can't tell without actually having them

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I ordered two pair of the THF51S from the recommended eBay source this past week along with a Sissy board package from ZM.

I’m educating myself by re-reading the related development threads that I just sort of checked in on previously to see what progress was being made.

I know at one point there was testing being done on the THF51S, albeit by members with high tech labs.

Is there a process that can be outlined for the less fortunate simple folk like myself that can help confirm basic operational integrity and parameter viability of these SITs using voltmeters and the like?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
voltage source of some 20-25Vdc , capable of delivering at least 3A (you can borrow positive rail of your existing Papamp, if you have one ) ...... goal Iq is 2A

what the heck , you can use 19V power brick ,either from your ACA or your laptop

plain 9V battery for gate voltage (sonnested to gnd of above , to be negative)

10K pot or trimpot for setting that gate voltage

1K gate resistor

some kind of heatsink , best to have 8-12cm fan cooling it all the time of test ...... just to prevent temp. build up ..... you can use main rail for it , just reg it down to fan voltage .....or use 24V fan

ampermeter (one DMM)

gate voltage meter (second DMM)

have all that ?

if yes, I'll draw schm

Joined 2003
Paid Member
voltage source of some 20-25Vdc , capable of delivering at least 3A (you can borrow positive rail of your existing Papamp, if you have one ) ...... goal Iq is 2A

what the heck , you can use 19V power brick ,either from your ACA or your laptop

plain 9V battery for gate voltage (sonnested to gnd of above , to be negative)

10K pot or trimpot for setting that gate voltage

1K gate resistor

some kind of heatsink , best to have 8-12cm fan cooling it all the time of test ...... just to prevent temp. build up ..... you can use main rail for it , just reg it down to fan voltage .....or use 24V fan

ampermeter (one DMM)

gate voltage meter (second DMM)

have all that ?

if yes, I'll draw schm

This schematic may be helpful for me as well

Russellc