SIT-3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have a good magnifying visor these days and plenty of light.

:clown:

why's that familiar ....

(see that other blind guy , poster on the wall .......when I feel even jota of frustration , I see him and everything is funnier ....... sort of reminder about proper life perception ; smiling Buddha is on other wall, same effect)

:)

Attachments

• IMG_2329-2.jpg
    IMG_2329-2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 683
Quoting NP from SIT3 owners manual:
I hope you enjoy the SIT-3. I think it is the most interesting of the First Watt SIT amplifiers, and for about 250 people it will be the best.
In summary, our beloved master of Sea Ranch has bestowed upon us mortals :
- 9 Zen-amplifiers for students,
- 6 F-amplifiers for greedy boyzs,
- 3 Sit-amplifiers for elven eared lords,
and 1 DEFiSIT to rule them all. :D
Thank you.

I did a simulation of M2 and SIT-3 autoformer (using M2 schematics), and I see high pass filter effect with SIT-3 (cap inserted). Am I doing something wrong?

Transformer emu is based on Hammond 600:600 spec sheet.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/140QEX.pdf

Attachments

• M2.png
    M2.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 601
  • SIT3.png
    SIT3.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 584
  • M2 Autoformer.asc
    1.4 KB · Views: 33
  • SIT3 Autoformer.asc
    1.5 KB · Views: 37
as you can see, even if hardly - it's crowded there , I decided to make possible use of 3 different types of xformer :

-Cinemag CMOQ4-LPC (also repeater) , same as Papa used in DEFiSIT ;

Hello ZM, Thank you for the comment. I actually have another question about transformer.

I checked CMOQ4 spec sheet, and I find its max 20 Hz input level is +16dBu. Used it as autoformer, can we ignore this number? It look like SIT-3 requires +25dBu or more...

http://cinemag.biz/output/PDF/CMOQ-4.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.