F6 Illustrated Build Guide

Yes it should be definitely connected.

It measures 5 Ohms, this is just a combination of contact resistance of the probes and anodizing on aluminium.
It is directly connected.

Attachments

• 20200725_113318.jpg
    20200725_113318.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 196
Also how is the Meanwell psu 0V connected to chassis?

I did not connect PSU 0V to the chassis. Should I? Just to be sure, 0V is the negative side of PSU?

I just did a chemo-therapy on B1, resoldering, rewiring, and did everything you suggested. The hum is reduced! I touch the caps, no noise. But the faint hum is still there. Faint but I hear it, even from a few feet away. May be I am CDO! :eek:

It's demonic! I can't get rid of the hum. :mad:

Last edited:
Yeah negative side of supply.
Just temporarily make a direct connection between PSU 0V and the chassis of the preamp (not chassis of supply).

Usually this connection is made via the standoffs or possibly the volume pot. TIGHTEN EVERYTHING nice and tight.
If you make these connections super tight you can break through the oxides on the surface of the aluminium. Otherwise get sandpaper and sand the chassis around these areas?
A starwasher can also be useful to bite through oxides.

Last edited:
Just the other day, I fixed someone's PA rig.
They had an annoying hum problem.

It was due to the pots not making a solid electrical connection to the chassis.
I had to TIGHTEN the volume pots nice and BLOODY tight, and the hum completely disappeared

So try the things mentioned earlier regarding making sure you remove oxides and paint.
AND just cause you can't see oxide doesn't mean you don't have it. YOU HAVE IT

Last edited: