Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

There is no proof that the so called V-fets are the real thing. Same for the J-fets. I would be reluctant trust any obsolete part coming from Asia unless it had some respected person giving their blessing as Nelson did the V-fets from Circuitdiy. By the way Circuitdiy still has the 2SJ28 V-fet. Nelson one day may design a SE amplifier around this V-fet for diy'ers. Mike Rothacher has already designed an amplifier this V-fet could be used for. Diy'ers should get some while they are still available. I am holding onto mine I bought last year along with another set of 2SK28's & 2SJ28's besides the kit I bought from the store. All these V-fets will only increase in value in the future.

I would be very interested in such a kit if you are able to remove the lsk jfets. I have my own stash of matched toshiba's.

So do I. I plan to make the lsk available to diyers if I buy the supplemental kit when/if it goes on sale.

I spent several hours last night watching the Olympics and working on a bom. It was kind of messed up when I finished!

I'm glad to hear you're taking care of this Mark! I can wait a couple of months for the pieces. I've promised my wife I'd finish the bathroom remodel before any more soldering! :D

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Since a lot of people have various parts and don't need them, and others do, it's OK to mention on this thread if you have extra parts you want to trade or sell. Then go to PM to discuss the details.

I'll post my BOM in the next couple of days and I'll need you guys to look it over. It's to your advantage if you catch mistakes or have ideas to improve the spec. I agree that good quality parts for an amp this special, make sense. I also suspect that there will be a lot of interest because many people bought the VFET kits because it was the only opportunity, not because they were planning to start construction right away. Also as I mentioned the shipping should be quite reasonable. It appears that there will be enough VFET kits (The Essentials) for the remaining people on the list.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I'm trying to build my own 'one third' 40th Anniversary Sony VFET balanced, with 8 VFET's per channel instead of 24 :D But bias them somewhat higher....
Does anybody know the thickness of the alu sheet holding the heatsinks?
Is it 10, 12 or 15 mm?

Thanks, Walter

Attachments

• Big-Sony-DIY.jpg
    Big-Sony-DIY.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 544
  • NG7_Pass_VFET-ww.jpg
    NG7_Pass_VFET-ww.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 547