Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

I am building. I worked on my case last week. I bought the heatsinks almost a year ago for this build. It is what is called redneck engineering in the deep south but it will be functional. I should start stuffing boards next week.

I am putting the V-fets on top of the brace per the V-fet #1 article with the board on the underside of the brace. I believe this is the correct way. The brace is wider on one side that the the other. Does anyone know which side goes up. I figured I will figure it out from the pinouts of the V-fets and traces on the boards if no one speaks up. Being that the pins of the V-fets only line up one way it should be easy enough figuring it out. But advice and experience is always welcome.

:)

Attachments

• 185E9B3B-CAC4-4198-96AF-2089D7D749C2.JPG
    185E9B3B-CAC4-4198-96AF-2089D7D749C2.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 547
That would be nice. The heatsinks I ordered are not that big. I forgot to get them actually when I placed my order online at Mouser and quickly called them and had some put on the order before they started filling it. I then ordered some on Ebay that are somewhat larger but not as big as the ones Nelson is using. With some diligence someone should be able to locate them.

Last edited:
The ones in the pic in post #1608 look like Bourns 3386 series, single turn i think. Bourns 3296w are multi turn, and used in other Pass amps like F5t( 652-3296W-1-502LF at Mouser). Remember to check footprint if it fits.

Excellent - thank you. Seems to be the Bourns 3386P single-turn, with P designating the appropriate pin pattern.

Someone will correct me if that info is wrong.

BK