F6 Amplifier

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Nelson could have just posted a pdf here if that's what he wanted. The point, I believe, is to support the various publishers by helping them to attract readers to their sites and magazines.

Speaking for myself, I prefer when others link to material on my blog, rather than re-posting it in some other form. Otherwise, why should I make the effort to maintain a site in the first place?

If I want a pdf for my Kindle or a hardcopy printout, I can do it myself - which I have :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Brilliant strategy! No need for patents if you own the world's supply of unobtainium needed to build the circuit.

that will be :

The transformer secondaries are set up to drive the Fets in a matched
fashion, if that is what you're asking.

The Fets can be a wide variety of devices. In this case, R100's.

I no longer apply for patents.

I haven't seen this feedback mechanism as such, but you can be
sure it's been done one way or another, probably a long time ago.

:cool:

moi sez - yup ;)

isn't enough of twist bringing to light some old techniques , combined with modern parts?
besides that - be sure that some thorough work is behind that schmtc

fact that every Toobhead is aware of them doesn't diminish measure of twist ....

in fact - I'm having old Pioneer SX1000T receiver besides me on the shelf (FM FE Nuvistors , everything else Germainum , Silicium T03 cans) where phase splitter is made exactly the same , with exactly same logic for feedback net .

whatever , it wasn't me who proposed that schmtc , but wittier Joker than me .....

:clown:

but - about what they (toobheads from yore) weren't aware is - that Golden Ratio of H2/H3

:clown:

Attachments

• Pioneer SX1000-T.jpg
    Pioneer SX1000-T.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 525
  • -ooklet-(pages-1).jpg
    -ooklet-(pages-1).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
That may be. I thought I saw a post with EUVL describing it - if not, then
my mistake and apologies.

:cool:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/216616-f6-amplifier-132.html#post3227448

variable arrangement , known as Zen Amount Pot , originated from Generg (playing with Babelfish J2 , or some other derivative ; can't be sure - our personal correspondence is sorta hysteric in organization :rofl: ) and it's documented somewhere in some thread :clown: ; I was there with him only to mess things , as usual

that public thread was maybe ACA , maybe not .

lhquam made more than lion's share of investigating multiple combinations of two ZEPs together , in F6 .

buzzforb introduced it here :