Pearl Two

Ok .....:) Q3

T= 9.34
M= 9.45
B = 8.78

Q9

M= 0

Dare I believe first stage complete ... ?

Next step please ?

Rich

Are those readings with all JFET's installed? If so, everything is good.

Rich - Almost. I suggest you add a 50k resistor in parallel with R10, just to increase Vce a bit and ensure that Q3 is forward biased (Vcollector > Vbase > Vemitter or T > M > B). Your Q3 should then land around 8.5 volts which would be excellent.

Pierre

Good idea ;)

...... Thanks all !

yep all fets in .... I have 47.5 K +2.5k on hand for testing purposes . I'll replace when I next make an order .

I think I should do the same thing on the other board to give you guys a break and practice some of the things you have helped me with on the first one ...

How say you ?

Rich

Rich - Almost. I suggest you add a 50k resistor in parallel with R10, just to increase Vce a bit and ensure that Q3 is forward biased (Vcollector > Vbase > Vemitter or T > M > B). Your Q3 should then land around 8.5 volts which would be excellent.

Pierre

Hi Pierre ,

I put 50k in parallel and got Q3 in the 3's Should I experiment to get 8.5 V

R

Gents,

I got the second board done and got to the last fet and Q3 is acting up again .

My readings are good, but they are fluctuating +/- 0.5 volts from where they should be ...... sounds like the same problem I had before or could it be the Caps charging ?

Rich

Its all settled down now .... The reason the paralleled resistor didn't work is cus I had on bloody R7 .
Sorry ..

Next step is the out stage and seeking guidance .... Please ?

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is without 50 k resistor !

Right board , Q6 collector = 7.52 VDC

Left board , Q6 collector = 8.00 VDC

Is this a problem ?

Rich - What are the three voltages around Q3 (left and right boards) please. (I know I sound like a broken record). Just want to make sure all is good.
You could solder 47.5k in parallel with R10. The 50k value was not critical. Anything in that ball park will do.

Pierre

ITS LIKE A DIFFERENT MATERIAL ... I can't get the whole clear !.... any suggestions ? I know a little about bonding metals ... I made my living fabrication St/St and Ally ... But ,
this aint right ... The exact same hole of the other board was like this too ! I seem to have got lucky with that one though.

R

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dumb question...and general reminder: Have you cleaned the parts before mounting?
I use a "scotch-brite-pad" for wiping components...

Arne K

Attachments

• brite-pad.jpg
    brite-pad.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 306