Power JFETs in production

...The main idea was to run them in the resistive region where they were very linear.
In the resistive part of the usual JFET have a narrow working area. Which is inconvenient.
This zone is the transition from triode to pentode output characteristics. It is much better to use JFET - SIT in the same transition zone. From triode to pentode.
This will lead to the best interaction of the amplifier with the complex nature of the load. The attachment is an example of such a solution.
Pentods "liked" loads an of magnitude below their internal resistance. Triodes - on the contrary. The best will be the "ultra - linear" inclusion.

Attachments

• ВАХ_JFET_.jpg
    ВАХ_JFET_.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 559
  • 2П802А_N1_ ВАХ_RDD.jpg
    2П802А_N1_ ВАХ_RDD.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
I finally tamed the JFET SiC UJ3N065080K3S.
The optimal current is 400 mA. For three hours of operation, the current increases from 200 mA to 600 mA. I had to install thermal stabilization from two germanium diodes Д7Б (see circuit).
I am very pleased with the sound. High frequencies cut through. Air and volume appeared in the sound. But I had to make a delay in turning on the UJ3N065080K3S.
Rout - 0.78 Ohm. Frequency response: 5 Hz - 0.6 MHz (0 dB).

JFET-only Circlotrons without negative feedback.

Like the OP, I am a noob who was bored and browsed Mouser's catalog. And I came across this https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/827/DS_UF3C170400K3S-1772171.pdf. First thing I noticed is these are not typical mosfet curves. The device is a SiC jfet cascoded with Si mosfet. I see a few designs using the LU1014 in such an arrangement. Could these be a substitute?

Τhirdicomplex I think you will find that you are looking at a mosfet cascoded with the JFET: "The silicon MOSFET serves as the control unit while the SiC JFET provides high voltage blocking in the off state". Did you not want them the other way round?;)