BC550/560

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was testing some BC550 (B) grade since there is all this quarantine time. Most were very consistent with hFE of 433 and an Ic of 6.2 mA. I don't trust absolute accuracy of my test gear but relative can still be of value. Of the dozens tested 2 stood out with hFE of 349 and Ic of 2.1 mA. I don't really have extra parts so I was wondering where would it be best to apply these misfits ? or should I not use them and order replacements?

eBay is a source

fwiw, I found a couple of sellers on ebay breaking bulk on the BC560C for those of us who don't need 8,443 transistors, and aren't that interested in reselling them.

Yes, I'm paying $0.15, or 5x the Rochester price, but my out-of-pocket cost drops from $250 to $15, and from those 100 pcs I can probably find 2 pairs that match well enough .

kind regards,
Drew

fwiw, I found a couple of sellers on ebay breaking bulk on the BC560C for those of us who don't need 8,443 transistors, and aren't that interested in reselling them.

The aim is not the same. Some prefers buying a stock as in ten years or more it will be difficult and costly to find NOS. Local stores disappear and find parts may be a long run. Add also that big brands remove trough hole devices from catalog.

Rochester was engaged against counterfeit products and I have not the same garanty with sellers from platforms (ebay, AE....)

Interested in splitting order.

Last edited:
altec9440,

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by "the aim is not the same". I understand that some will purchase the min buy and a) keep them on speculation, or b) keep them for personal use.

For me, 200 pcs (I doubled my order) will likely cover all of my needs for the rest of my life. While I could spend $250 for over 8000, I'd rather put the extra $200 toward other things. Like an oscilloscope and signal generator. And, as I said, I'm not so interested in risk involved with splitting an order; then I would have 2 or more parties to deal with.

The last "parts store" I remember in the area was a RadioShack, and that certainly wasn't anything close to being a decent source for discrete components. Years ago, I remember strolling through the stalls in Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan marvelling at the variety available. To my knowledge, nothing close to that existed in the USA. I envy you, if you have a local source.

Regarding parts validity, I prefer to trust this domestic source first, then verify. Given their location (near the erstwhile Fairchild HQ), I have a higher degree of confidence than I would normally have, and much more than if I were to purchase internationally.

Kind regards,
Drew

Did anyone do a group buy for these?

BC550C
BC560C

So the group by price was around $250 /2000 devices.
or $.125 each if I calculate correctly.
I could pay $26.00 for 100 of each.
Which is a wopping $.005 profit each.

Anyone have their bags of 100 to sell?

PM me please, I can send check.

Cheers,

altec9440,

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by "the aim is not the same". I understand that some will purchase the min buy and a) keep them on speculation, or b) keep them for personal use.

Hi Drew,
c) bad local distribution with untrustred sourcing conduct to use internationals firms (digikey, rs, mouser...). With step amount for all, and extra costs for some of theses, you think twice before ordering ;)
I used now to order more then I need at that time or order basics components to complete order.

If there is a grouped order for bc560C, I may contribute for 300pc

Rochester has those still available right now (date of posting), and pretty cheap per unit pricing, but with a $250 minimum, so that's a bit much up front and it would be good to do group buys.
I would be interested in a few 100pc of each one (550/560). One thing to keep in mind is shipping cost.

Alright, FedEx man was here. I now have two large bags full of BC550C and BC560C transistors. What would be a suitable format for the group buy? I don't see myself selling single transistors... I think it would be better to offer bags containing a given number of transistors.

What would be a workable number? Would you be interested in bags of 10, 50, 100, 500 pieces?

Also, would you agree to buy bags with approximate numbers? This would save me a lot of work to count and re-count and double check the exact number. I could simply fill the bags by weight using a kitchen scale.

Let me know what you think. What is important to you, what is not?

Excellent!
I'll be up for several hundreds of each myself.
But let's see what others want.
There is one other user (vasilis) who's also interested in some..
They'll all go for sure.
As cheap as they are, there is no point in retailing small quantities, I think bags of a minimum of 100 might be good.
And personally, in case some users don't take equal quantities of each, since I have a small batch already of the 550, I would be up for a bit more of the 560, to try to balance out my stash.
I'm working on several designs right now that all can use those.

Just came across this thread... I am looking for a bunch of BC550C / BC560C. I will never in my life use thousands of those, and 100 would still be more than enough for me. Is anyone who bought a large stash interested to sell a few?

Otherwise, is anybody interested in a group buy?
Did you check TME, Reichelt, Darisus, Segor, Kessler, Schuro, Conrad...?

Alright, FedEx man was here. I now have two large bags full of BC550C and BC560C transistors. What would be a suitable format for the group buy? I don't see myself selling single transistors... I think it would be better to offer bags containing a given number of transistors.

What would be a workable number? Would you be interested in bags of 10, 50, 100, 500 pieces?

Also, would you agree to buy bags with approximate numbers? This would save me a lot of work to count and re-count and double check the exact number. I could simply fill the bags by weight using a kitchen scale.

Let me know what you think. What is important to you, what is not?

Hi dear, what expected the cost for 200+200?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.