5 way small midrange ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
What is the effect of the port above tuning? I think I read that it still contributes some reinforcement of bass within an octave above tuning. Maybe we are saying the same thing but in different ways???

Like everything else in the world, there are compromises and so no system acts EXACTLY like pure theory...But, close enough is close enough sometimes...

Hi guys,
a small upgrade. the Project name is set: Crescendo and im at the second Prototyp enclosure.

it has been grown to a real monster: 140cm height 32 width and 49cm deep.
W12CY001 and W22EX001 are in old school sealed enclosures QTC= 0,5 (smallsignal measured, as 2volt measurement would end up in an overdamped state)

i changed the bass woofer from W22EX001 to L26ROY. that really hits the spot now ;)

As control center i use a NAD C658. Here i use the full dirac licence to fool around at the moment.

it's handy and nice to hear how the room hits the sound but the room correction also makes the sound lifeless and dead. so im a bit torn apart between the coloration of the room and without.

well, tuning ;)

next steps are:

1. the baffle diffraction. therefore i bought a 110mm water tube to make roundings at the edges of the speakers.
  2. internal holzheim resonators to reduce internal reflextions.
  3. also im thinking about to make the final enclosure with "panzerholz" as it has really good damping and transmission values. but lets see how the price of it is payable and if it is cnc - able ;)

cya richard from vienna

y4mVzBQAqNTZRUUUqcODqpba0T-JRaQp7QzDqIbXbciQlWQrTVczeCQi7x_BIYTr621pu8J1UQAMkXR5AJih1j47lDbXfBUPPhcYtCIY3uZZZBETfRCUwOxyJCR_ZtUnGqcY8O5gdbCmurkdcASV-Z-CiF6fKhT4UMiKqqG5gFdITbXj_E_cPkBts2UfO0iKZZd

My main speakers are based on dayton reference rs125. Its labelled as 5" woofer, but in reality its 4". Exceptionally clean midrange.

Dayton Audio RS125-4 5" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm
Awesome little driver :) I looked long for a good midrange and was very close to picking a Seas L15, W15 or maybe a SB NAC or CAC. Ended up choosing the Dayton. cause it measure so good, is dirt cheap and fits perfectly with my Seas DXT. I'm not really sure what could sound better, besides maybe more spl/sensitivity.

Hi guys,
a small upgrade. the Project name is set: Crescendo and im at the second Prototyp enclosure.

it has been grown to a real monster: 140cm height 32 width and 49cm deep.
W12CY001 and W22EX001 are in old school sealed enclosures QTC= 0,5 (smallsignal measured, as 2volt measurement would end up in an overdamped state)

i changed the bass woofer from W22EX001 to L26ROY. that really hits the spot now ;)

As control center i use a NAD C658. Here i use the full dirac licence to fool around at the moment.

it's handy and nice to hear how the room hits the sound but the room correction also makes the sound lifeless and dead. so im a bit torn apart between the coloration of the room and without.

well, tuning ;)

next steps are:

1. the baffle diffraction. therefore i bought a 110mm water tube to make roundings at the edges of the speakers.
  2. internal holzheim resonators to reduce internal reflextions.
  3. also im thinking about to make the final enclosure with "panzerholz" as it has really good damping and transmission values. but lets see how the price of it is payable and if it is cnc - able ;)

cya richard from vienna

I used this for an edge:
Moulding | Fypon Decorative Millwork
I don't know if it is available all over.

I too have a pair of l26roy's and dig the sound.