Troels Gravesen high efficiency 3-way looks like a winner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The point is that a high powered amp might heat up those resistors and damage those very expensive caps. Who knows what happens at a party... better be safe.

As a side note, I like placing the crossover in an external box on the back of the speaker so I can change components easily.

The point is that a high powered amp might heat up those resistors and damage those very expensive caps. Who knows what happens at a party... better be safe.

As a side note, I like placing the crossover in an external box on the back of the speaker so I can change components easily.

You are right on this point. I can take off the xover but i ll do only if really needed.
I hope i won't

attachment.php

That is one sexy build!

\ ˈsek-sē \
sexier; sexiest
Definition of sexy
2: generally attractive or interesting : APPEALING

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 1,491
Hi again here some picture finished and runing.
I must say that visualy speaking i love them. My wife also. It is maybe one of my most buitifull speaker i made.
https://oliv009.fr.quickconnect.to/photo/share/hAnSsiau

I can't see the images. Please upoad / attach them here.

Very nice, but be aware that these are rear ported speakers. With such close proximity to the backwall you might get some bass problems.
More or less damping of the ports might work.

That's the dilemma with these speakers. Troels obviously designed them with substantial "room gain" in mind, which requires them to sit near a wall. At the same time the port is at the rear, which does not go well with near-wall placement.

Matthias, this is Troels' simulation of the speaker one meter away from the wall, showing room gain:

Yes, I know this "simulation".

Reality is different. Look here (Figure 4) for a MEASUREMENT of the Faital 12PR320 in a very similar sized ported box as in Troels' design. The solid curve shows the 2pi response, which corresponds to the "in-wall" response. It hits the 92 dB / 2.83 Vrms mark at 50 Hz. No matter what the "simulation" says, you simply can not make it go down to 30 Hz in the real world.

Hi everyone.
Thanks for your opinion on my work. I ll try to send you other pictures.

Concerning the ports i thougt first doing this on the front. But thanks to my children(7years) he explans me it would me nicer at the back. My wife thought it too and they were right looking speaking.

Then i know well my room and different speakers i use vere with the same dac and amp. The room cain is great around 60 hz and a bit at 40. What i can hear right now is something clean fast and nice but not goes deep. Of course aiming a 30 hz is a dream with that speakers but if you are interested i it you should already know.
Room gain seems benefit to them but Bass driver are all new and say something about how they really sing now would be a mistake.

For the moment i can say that at my volume i can t really see the bass driver moving and i don t feel so much air going trought the port. So i don t really think it can cause trouble to have them like this.
By the way they won t stay here so this is not a big deal.
I ll take time soon to make comparison and a review of my thougt.

But i already can tell that it is not a missed project as i have done few...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.