Gravitational Waveguides

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ayshea has worn better than me, but I would never have looked so good in Spandex!

Attachments

• Ayshea B.jpg
    Ayshea B.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 181
  • SHADO.jpg
    SHADO.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 157
TBH, if you mention Ayesha to me, it comes out as some hammer-horror fantasy film about She who must be obeyed.

A ripping yarn, IMO. IIRC, tasty actress Ursula Andress played a very dangerous Queen back in Africa. She'd cast you into the pit as quick as look at you. :eek:

Back in the Real World, I was reviewing some of my friend Wayne's pictures of 1987.

Everything seemed to be mooching along happily, until in October 1987, our World in London (and particularly Holland Park) was ripped apart by the unexpected Hurricane of 100 mph winds.

Not often you see system7 in the wild. Looking very Oxford-Don, IMO. I was smitten by my friend David Bagley's Down's Syndrome daughter. Such a sweet kid. Whatever did she do to be dealt such a dumb deal of cards? Life is cruel. :(

Attachments

• cnv00061.jpg
    cnv00061.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 176
  • cnv00078.jpg
    cnv00078.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 178
  • cnv00080.jpg
    cnv00080.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 173
Everything seemed to be mooching along happily, until in October 1987, our World in London was ripped apart by the unexpected Hurricane of 100 mph winds.
Did you miss the UFO action that took place in 1987, Steve?

• 19 November 1987 at 7 pm: the Black Country. UFO - a large UFO was seen at close quarters hovering over houses in Brierley Hill.

• 1 December 1987: Philip Spencer (not his real name), a retired policeman, took a picture on Ilkley Moor, which is claimed to be of an alien creature, and then saw a white coloured craft leaving the area. The object in the photograph was examined by Kodak Laboratories at Hemel Hempsted and they decided that the object was not superimposed. This was one of the few British close encounters of the third kind. Under hypnosis he claimed to have been abducted and medically examined.

Clearly all this Flying Saucer stuff is hoey. Personally I can't think of anything that goes faster than light, or backwards in time. A belief in psychic powers isn't my idea of a good bet either.
As Arthur C. Clarke said: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Advances in high-frequency switching power supplies and Class D amplification have made amplifiers and cell phones possible now that would have seemed like magic or "alien technology" to most, had they been released 50 years ago.

Any common "smart phone" has far more processing power than computers used for calculating our first forays into space. Fractal based antennas used in them have also reduced size and material use by "unbelievable" amounts.

Processors are fast enough now that for practical intents, FIR filters could almost be considered to "go backwards in time", correcting phase problems before we have a chance to hear them.

Personally, I can conceptualize faster than light travel, or time traveling backwards, though have no more chance of making a practical version of either technology than I would of duplicating the many devices we use daily.

If you were to see a Levitron "Anti-gravity" top floating above a wood base (patent #4382245), and were unaware of the hidden torus-shaped magnet beneath it, your insight of how it works would be a guess.

Reading patents that do little to explain unknown technologies also leads to guesses, some of which may eventually turn out to be correct ;)

Art

Attachments

• Levitron Patent #4382245.png
    Levitron Patent #4382245.png
    547.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
I was probably distracted by the Hurricane of 1987. It actually turned into the great "Property Crash" of 1987. The Far Eastern markets disintegrated the next day.

AFAIK, Japan has never recovered. An odd coincidence. :confused:

My London friend, Wayne, in the first photo, is high on good looks, hopeless with women, and low on common-sense. As gifted an artist as I have ever met. I have offered him huge sums for his paintings. But he has yet to bite. :)

One of his finest moments, IMO: the second photo which he took. "What (quoth he) is noticeable about this picture of the flagpoles at the Commonwealth Institute?"

I didn't get it, TBH. I thought it was something about Nations. In fact, all our vanity is just about providing perches for DUMB BIRDS! :D

Attachments

• cnv00021.jpg
    cnv00021.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 70
  • cnv00039.jpg
    cnv00039.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.