Munich 2019 -Sb Acoustics room

Originally Posted by Lojzek
This new Satori mid dome impedance does not look like a healthy one.
why is that? such comment usually adresses some very low impedance dips, but this seems not to be the case here?

The impedance graph shows not a single resonance bump (of the dynamic system) like one would normally see, like in
satori-tw29d-b/ but a hat shaped response below 1 kHz which looks like it's actually from two resonances at about 350 and 600 Hz, the latter corresponding with a dip in the output. So, there is some kind of resonance going on at around 600 Hz. Does that matter? Dunno. You have to cross over above that anyway.

Don't think so, but since we don't yet know the details of the construction we may only guess. The product isn't out yet, this may as well improve for the production model.

If I were to make the datasheets, I'd put a thick PRELIMINARY across everything that isn't fixed yet so that copies of unverified info don't get into circulation on the internets without a warning, at least.

I asked my local retailer (in germany) and I can preorder the SB Acoustics MD60N-6
for 14,4€ per piece.

The delivery date is not available yet...

I gather you mean 144€ each ,please keep us informed if you decide to go ahead and purchase .Any further testing available for the MD60N ? I really hope the Munich speakers could be released as a kit with a pre made cabinet option .A friend heard them and was very impressed so the hype is real

Thanks for the update.

Hmmmmm......

At that price it is significantly more expensive than the Morel EM1308 (145€) so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against that. The morel looks like it goes a little lower but is less efficient. Hopefully someone will do a comparison soon.

You can "feel" what they may measure like by looking in Visaton's Boxsim. In fact there is nothing that can go wrong with any of Visaton's mid domes. People are simply unsure because they act under influence of marketing schemes and at present nobody is speaking in favor of any of these units.